Growth Versus Margins: Destabilizing Consequences of Giving the Stock Market What it Wants
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Philippe Aghion & Jeremy C. Stein, 2008. "Growth versus Margins: Destabilizing Consequences of Giving the Stock Market What It Wants," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(3), pages 1025-1058, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Malcolm Baker & Jeremy C. Stein & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2003.
"When Does the Market Matter? Stock Prices and the Investment of Equity-Dependent Firms,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 969-1005.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeremy C. Stein & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2002. "When Does the Market Matter? Stock Prices and the Investment of Equity-Dependent Firms," NBER Working Papers 8750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeremy C. Stein & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2002. "When Does the Market Matter? Stock Prices and the Investsment of Equity-Dependent Firms," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1978, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2006.
"Investor Sentiment and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(4), pages 1645-1680, August.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2004. "Investor Sentiment and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 10449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 1994. "Why Bank Credit Policies Fluctuate: A Theory and Some Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 399-441.
- Bengt Holmström, 1999. "Managerial Incentive Problems: A Dynamic Perspective," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(1), pages 169-182.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emre Ozdenoren & Kathy Yuan, 2012.
"Stock Market Tournaments,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp706, Financial Markets Group.
- Ozdenoren, Emre & Yuan, Kathy, 2012. "Stock Market Tournaments," CEPR Discussion Papers 9000, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emre Ozdenoren & Kathy Yuan, 2012. "Stock Market Tournaments," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1222, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Anjos, Fernando & Kang, Chang-Mo, 2017. "Managerial myopia, financial expertise, and executive-firm matching," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 464-479.
- Caglayan, Mustafa & Demir, Firat, 2014.
"Firm Productivity, Exchange Rate Movements, Sources of Finance, and Export Orientation,"
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 204-219.
- Demir, Firat & Caglayan, Mustafa, 2012. "Firm Productivity, Exchange Rate Movements, Sources of Finance and Export Orientation," MPRA Paper 37397, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masaki Mori & Joseph Ooi & Woei Wong, 2014. "Do Investor Demand and Market Timing Affect Convertible Debt Issuance Decisions by REITs?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 524-550, November.
- Mustafa Caglayan & Firat Demir, 2011. "Firm productivity, exchange rate movements, sources of finance and export orientationInventories and sales uncertainty," Working Papers 2011004, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2011.
- Steven Malliaris & Hongjun Yan, 2008. "Nickels versus Black Swans: Reputation, Trading Strategies and Asset Prices," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2380, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Mar 2009.
- Pierre Chaigneau, 2012. "The Optimal Timing of CEO Compensation," Cahiers de recherche 1207, CIRPEE.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:2:p:384-394 is not listed on IDEAS
- Massa, Massimo & Zhang, Lei, 2009. "Cosmetic mergers: The effect of style investing on the market for corporate control," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 400-427, September.
- David Berger, 2012. "Countercyclical Restructuring and Jobless Recoveries," 2012 Meeting Papers 1179, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Berger, Allen N. & Bouwman, Christa H.S., 2013. "How does capital affect bank performance during financial crises?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 146-176.
- Aliya Bushra & Nawazish Mirza, 2015. "The Determinants of Corporate Dividend Policy in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 20(2), pages 77-98, July-Dec.
- Houdou Basse Mama, 2017. "The interaction between stock prices and corporate investment: is Europe different?," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 315-351, March.
- Jiang, Zhan & Kim, Kenneth A. & Lie, Erik & Yang, Sean, 2013. "Share repurchases, catering, and dividend substitution," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 36-50.
- Chen, Shi & Lin, Ku-Jun, 2015. "Technology choice and bank performance with government capital injection under deposit insurance fund protection," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 162-174.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hrv:faseco:3660730. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office for Scholarly Communication). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.