Comprehensive Education for the Unemployed - Evaluating the Effectson Unemployment of the Adult Education Initiative in Sweden (Kunskapslyftet)(Kunskapslyftet)
This paper evaluates the effects on unemployment of the Adult Education Initiative (AEI) in Sweden. The AEI offered the unemployed adult education at a compulsory or upper secondary level. The AEI is compared with the vocational training part of Labor Market Training (LMT). The study uses unemployment incidence and unemployment duration as outcome variables, both measured immediately after completion of the programs. For the incidence, selection on unobservables is taken into account while the analysis of duration in unemployment considers both selection bias and censored observations. The results indicate lower incidence following participation in the AEI, but also, significant at the ten per cent level, longer duration.
|Date of creation:||05 Apr 2002|
|Date of revision:||07 May 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, Umeå University, S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden|
Phone: 090 - 786 61 42
Fax: 090 - 77 23 02
Web page: http://www.econ.umu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Calmfors, Lars & Forslund, Anders & Hemström, Maria, 2002.
"Does Active Labour Market Policy Work? Lessons from the Swedish Experiences,"
700, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Lars Calmfors & Anders Forslund & Maria Hemström, 2002. "Does Active Labour Market Policy Work? Lessons from the Swedish Experiences," CESifo Working Paper Series 675, CESifo Group Munich.
- Calmfors, Lars & Forslund, Anders & Hemström, Maria, 2002. "Does active labour market policy work? Lessons from the Swedish experiences," Working Paper Series 2002:4, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Brännäs, Kurt, 2000.
"Estimation in a Duration Model for Evaluating Educational Programs,"
Umeå Economic Studies
521, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Brännäs, Kurt, 2000. "Estimation in a Duration Model for Evaluating Educational Programs," IZA Discussion Papers 103, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Powell, James L, 1986. "Symmetrically Trimmed Least Squares Estimation for Tobit Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1435-60, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0579. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Skog)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.