Equilibrium in Marine Mutual Insurance Markets with Convex Operating Costs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Knut K. Aase, 2007. "Equilibrium in Marine Mutual Insurance Markets with Convex Operating Costs," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 74(1), pages 239-268.
- Aase, Knut K, 2005. "Equilibrium in Marine Mutual Insurance Markets with Convex Operating Costs," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt4699p9q5, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anja De Waegenaere, 2000. "Arbitrage and Viability in Insurance Markets," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 25(1), pages 81-99, June.
- Borch, Karl, 1960. "Reciprocal Reinsurance Treaties," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(04), pages 170-191, December.
- Frances A Katrishen & Nicos A Scordis, 1998. "Economies of Scale in Services: A study of Multinational Insurers," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(2), pages 305-323, June.
- Aase, Knut K., 1993. "Equilibrium in a Reinsurance Syndicate; Existence, Uniqueness and Characterization," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 185-211, November.
- Baltensperger, Ernst, 1972. "Economies of Scale, Firm Size, and Concentration in Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 467-488, August.
- Raviv, Artur, 1979. "The Design of an Optimal Insurance Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 84-96, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nektarios Milton, 2011. "A Catastrophe Insurance System for the European Union," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-22, July.
More about this item
KeywordsMarine Insurance; syndicated market; P&I clubs; equilibrium; economy of scale; diseconomy of scale;
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2006-10-21 (Finance)
- NEP-IAS-2006-10-21 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:nhhfms:2005_010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stein Fossen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dfnhhno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.