Mortality among European settlers in pre-colonial West Africa: The “White Man’s Grave” revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Coelho, Philip R. P. & McGuire, Robert A., 1997. "African and European Bound Labor in the British New World: The Biological Consequences of Economic Choices," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 83-115, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Payal Hathi & Sabrina Haque & Lovey Pant & Diane Coffey & Dean Spears, 2017.
"Place and Child Health: The Interaction of Population Density and Sanitation in Developing Countries,"
Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 54(1), pages 337-360, February.
- Hathi, Payal & Haque, Sabrina & Pant, Lovey & Coffey, Diane & Spears, Dean, 2014. "Place and child health : the interaction of population density and sanitation in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7124, The World Bank.
- Basher, Syed A. & Lagerlöf, Nils-Petter, 2008. "Per-capita income gaps across US states and Canadian provinces," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1173-1187, September.
- Mitchener, Kris James & McLean, Ian W, 2003.
"The Productivity of US States since 1880,"
Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 73-114, March.
- Kris James Mitchener & Ian W. McLean, 2001. "The Productivity of U.S. States Since 1880," School of Economics Working Papers 2001-08, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Kris James Mitchener & Ian W. McLean, 2003. "The Productivity of U.S. States Since 1880," NBER Working Papers 9445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stanley L. Engerman & Robert A. Margo, 2010. "Free Labor and Slave Labor," NBER Chapters, in: Founding Choices: American Economic Policy in the 1790s, pages 291-314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esposito, Elena, 2015. "Side Effects of Immunities: the African Slave Trade," Economics Working Papers MWP2015/09, European University Institute.
- Lagerlöf, Nils-Petter & Basher, Syed A., 2005. "Geography, population density, and per-capita income gaps across US states and Canadian provinces," MPRA Paper 369, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Sep 2006.
- Lagerlöf, Nils-Petter, 2003. "Slavery and other property rights," MPRA Paper 372, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Aug 2006.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic History; Mortality; West Africa; Pre-colonial; “White Man’s Grave”;
All these keywords.
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- N37 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Africa; Oceania
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GRO-2016-12-04 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-HEA-2016-12-04 (Health Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2016-12-04 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunhis:0020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dehguse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Jens Anmark (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dehguse.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.