Report NEP-HIS-2016-12-04This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Paxman, Andrew, 2016. "Symbioses imperative and convenient: The Evolution of Crony Capitalism in Puebla, Mexico, 1920-1940," MPRA Paper 75271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cantoni, Davide & Dittmar, Jeremiah & Yuchtman, Noam, 2016. "Reformation and Reallocation: Religious and Secular Economic Activity in Early Modern Germany," CEPR Discussion Papers 11655, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Randall Morck & Masao Nakamura, 2016. "Japan’s Ultimately Unaccursed Natural Resources-Financed Industrialization," NBER Working Papers 22865, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2016. "Post-Keynesian macroeconomics since the mid-1990s: Main developments," IPE Working Papers 75/2016, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Alain Alcouffe, 2016.
"Notes de lecture de : Patricia Commun, les ordolibéraux Histoire d’un libéralisme à l’allemande Paris : Les Belles Lettres, 
[Review of : Patricia Commun, les ordolibéraux Histoire d’un libér," Working Papers hal-01380176, HAL.
- Daniel L. Bennett & Hugo J. Faria & James D. Gwartney & Daniel R. Morales, 2016. "Economic Institutions and Comparative Economic Development: A Post-Colonial Perspective," Working Papers 2016-07, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Accominotti, Olivier, 2016. "International Banking and Transmission of the 1931 Financial Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 11651, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Öberg, Stefan & Rönnbäck, Klas, 2016. "Mortality among European settlers in pre-colonial West Africa: The “White Man’s Grave” revisited," Göteborg Papers in Economic History 20, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economic History.
- Laurent Bibard, 2016. "Kojève : L'homme qui voulait tout savoir," Working Papers hal-01373047, HAL.
- Luis Moreno, 2016. "Post-crisis and the bronze age of welfare in Europe," Working Papers 1601, Instituto de Políticas y Bienes Públicos (IPP), CSIC.
- Paul CastaÃ±eda Dower & Evgeny Finkel & Scott Gehlbach & Steven Nafziger, 2016. "Collective Action and Representation in Autocracies: Evidence from Russia's Great Reforms," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016-08, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Bertocchi, Graziella, 2016. "The Legacies of Slavery in and out of Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 11620, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Okoye, Dozie & Pongou, Roland & Yokossi, Tite, 2016. "On the Dispensability of New Transportation Technologies: Evidence from Colonial Railroads in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 75262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claridge, Jordan, 2016. "The role of demesnes in the trade of agricultural horses in late medieval England," Economic History Working Papers 68377, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Amanda Gregg & Steven Nafziger, 2016. "Capital Structure and Corporate Performance in Late Imperial Russia," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016-12, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Collet, Stéphanie & Oosterlinck, Kim, 2016. "Pricing the Odious in Odious Debts," CEPR Discussion Papers 11653, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sumner La Croix, 2016. "The Decline of the Khoikhoi Population, 1652-1780: A Review and a New Estimate," Working Papers 201622, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Gabriel Mathy & Herman O. Stekler, 2016. "Expectations and Forecasting during the Great Depression: Real-Time Evidence from the Business Press," Working Papers 2016-011, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting.
- Mark Carlson & Burcu Duygan-Bump, 2016. "The Tools and Transmission of Federal Reserve Monetary Policy in the 1920s," FEDS Notes 2016-11-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Darío Indalecio Restrepo, 2016. "Interpelaciones desde la condición posmoderna a la disciplina histórica," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO - ESCUELA DE ECONOMÍA 015233, UN - RCE - CID.
- Antonio José Heras Martínez & David Teira & Pierre-Charles Pradier, 2016. "What was fair in acturial fairness?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01400213, HAL.
- Johannes C. Buggle & Steven Nafziger, 2016. "Long-Run Consequences of Labor Coercion: Evidence from Russian Serfdom," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016-07, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Cristina Mitaritonna & Gianluca Orefice & Giovanni Peri, 2016. "Immigrants and Firms' Outcomes: Evidence from France," NBER Working Papers 22852, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keller, Wolfgang & Shiue, Carol H, 2016. "Market Integration as a Mechanism of Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 11627, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karen Clay & Jeff Lingwall & Melvin Stephens, Jr., 2016. "Laws, Educational Outcomes, and Returns to Schooling: Evidence from the Full Count 1940 Census," NBER Working Papers 22855, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tetsuji Okazaki, 2016. ""Risks and Returns of Trades: A case of Mitsubishi Corporation in the Prewar Period " (in Japanese)," CIRJE J-Series CIRJE-J-282, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Bignon, Vincent & Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2016. "The Failure of a Clearinghouse: Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 11630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gigante, Anna Azzurra, 2016. "“Reviewing Path Dependence Theory in Economics: Micro–Foundations of Endogenous Change Processes”," MPRA Paper 75310, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roy E. Bailey & Timothy J. Hatton & Kris Inwood, 2016. "Atmospheric Pollution and Child Health in Late Nineteenth Century Britain," CEH Discussion Papers 052, Centre for Economic History, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Nikoloski, Zlatko, 2015. "Democracy and income inequality: revisiting the long and short-term relationship," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60562, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Juliana Gamboa-Arbeláez & José E. Gómez-González & Jorge Hirs-Garzón & Adolfo Meisel-Roca & Jair N. Ojeda-Joya, 2016. "El programa de apoyos para estudios en el exterior del Banco de la República y la formación del capital humano en el área económica en Colombia," Borradores de Economia 973, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Kathleen Kahle & René M. Stulz, 2016. "Is the U.S. public corporation in trouble?," NBER Working Papers 22857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wohlrabe, Klaus & Gnewuch, Matthias, 2016. "Title characteristics and citations in economics," MPRA Paper 75351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Naveen Srinivasan & Pratik Mitra, 2016. "Interwar Unemployment in the UK and US: Old and New Evidence," Working Papers 2016-149, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Vasilios Plakandaras & Juncal Cunado & Rangan Gupta & Mark E. Wohar, 2016. "Do Leading Indicators Forecast U.S. Recessions? A Nonlinear Re-Evaluation Using Historical Data," Working Papers 201685, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.