Report NEP-HIS-2016-12-04This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Paxman, Andrew, 2016. "Symbioses imperative and convenient: The Evolution of Crony Capitalism in Puebla, Mexico, 1920-1940," MPRA Paper 75271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cantoni, Davide & Dittmar, Jeremiah & Yuchtman, Noam, 2016. "Reformation and Reallocation: Religious and Secular Economic Activity in Early Modern Germany," CEPR Discussion Papers 11655, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Randall Morck & Masao Nakamura, 2016. "Japan’s Ultimately Unaccursed Natural Resources-Financed Industrialization," NBER Working Papers 22865, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2016. "Post-Keynesian macroeconomics since the mid-1990s: Main developments," IPE Working Papers 75/2016, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Alain Alcouffe, 2016.
"Notes de lecture de : Patricia Commun, les ordolibéraux Histoire d’un libéralisme à l’allemande Paris : Les Belles Lettres, 
[Review of : Patricia Commun, les ordolibéraux Histoire d’un libér," Working Papers hal-01380176, HAL.
- Daniel L. Bennett & Hugo J. Faria & James D. Gwartney & Daniel R. Morales, 2016. "Economic Institutions and Comparative Economic Development: A Post-Colonial Perspective," Working Papers 2016-07, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Accominotti, Olivier, 2016. "International Banking and Transmission of the 1931 Financial Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 11651, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Öberg, Stefan & Rönnbäck, Klas, 2016. "Mortality among European settlers in pre-colonial West Africa: The “White Man’s Grave” revisited," Göteborg Papers in Economic History 20, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economic History.
- Laurent Bibard, 2016. "Kojève : L'homme qui voulait tout savoir," Working Papers hal-01373047, HAL.
- Luis Moreno, 2016. "Post-crisis and the bronze age of welfare in Europe," Working Papers 1601, Instituto de Políticas y Bienes Públicos (IPP), CSIC.
- Paul CastaÃ±eda Dower & Evgeny Finkel & Scott Gehlbach & Steven Nafziger, 2016. "Collective Action and Representation in Autocracies: Evidence from Russia's Great Reforms," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016-08, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Bertocchi, Graziella, 2016. "The Legacies of Slavery in and out of Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 11620, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Okoye, Dozie & Pongou, Roland & Yokossi, Tite, 2016. "On the Dispensability of New Transportation Technologies: Evidence from Colonial Railroads in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 75262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jordan Claridge, 2016. "The role of demesnes in the trade of agricultural horses in late medieval England," Economic History Working Papers 68377, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Amanda Gregg & Steven Nafziger, 2016. "Capital Structure and Corporate Performance in Late Imperial Russia," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016-12, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Collet, Stéphanie & Oosterlinck, Kim, 2016. "Pricing the Odious in Odious Debts," CEPR Discussion Papers 11653, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sumner La Croix, 2016. "The Decline of the Khoikhoi Population, 1652-1780: A Review and a New Estimate," Working Papers 201622, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Gabriel Mathy & Herman O. Stekler, 2016. "Expectations and Forecasting during the Great Depression: Real-Time Evidence from the Business Press," Working Papers 2016-011, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting.
- Mark Carlson & Burcu Duygan-Bump, 2016. "The Tools and Transmission of Federal Reserve Monetary Policy in the 1920s," FEDS Notes 2016-11-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Darío Indalecio Restrepo, 2016. "Interpelaciones desde la condición posmoderna a la disciplina histórica," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO - ESCUELA DE ECONOMÍA 015233, UN - RCE - CID.
- Antonio José Heras Martínez & David Teira & Pierre-Charles Pradier, 2016. "What was fair in acturial fairness?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01400213, HAL.
- Johannes C. Buggle & Steven Nafziger, 2016. "Long-Run Consequences of Labor Coercion: Evidence from Russian Serfdom," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016-07, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Cristina Mitaritonna & Gianluca Orefice & Giovanni Peri, 2016. "Immigrants and Firms' Outcomes: Evidence from France," NBER Working Papers 22852, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keller, Wolfgang & Shiue, Carol H, 2016. "Market Integration as a Mechanism of Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 11627, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karen Clay & Jeff Lingwall & Melvin Stephens, Jr., 2016. "Laws, Educational Outcomes, and Returns to Schooling: Evidence from the Full Count 1940 Census," NBER Working Papers 22855, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tetsuji Okazaki, 2016. ""Risks and Returns of Trades: A case of Mitsubishi Corporation in the Prewar Period " (in Japanese)," CIRJE J-Series CIRJE-J-282, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Bignon, Vincent & Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2016. "The Failure of a Clearinghouse: Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 11630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gigante, Anna Azzurra, 2016. "“Reviewing Path Dependence Theory in Economics: Micro–Foundations of Endogenous Change Processes”," MPRA Paper 75310, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roy E. Bailey & Timothy J. Hatton & Kris Inwood, 2016. "Atmospheric Pollution and Child Health in Late Nineteenth Century Britain," CEH Discussion Papers 052, Centre for Economic History, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Zlatko Nikoloski, 2015. "Democracy and income inequality: revisiting the long and short-term relationship," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60562, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Juliana Gamboa-Arbeláez & José E. Gómez-González & Jorge Hirs-Garzón & Adolfo Meisel-Roca & Jair N. Ojeda-Joya, 2016. "El programa de apoyos para estudios en el exterior del Banco de la República y la formación del capital humano en el área económica en Colombia," Borradores de Economia 973, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Kathleen Kahle & René M. Stulz, 2016. "Is the U.S. public corporation in trouble?," NBER Working Papers 22857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wohlrabe, Klaus & Gnewuch, Matthias, 2016. "Title characteristics and citations in economics," MPRA Paper 75351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Naveen Srinivasan & Pratik Mitra, 2016. "Interwar Unemployment in the UK and US: Old and New Evidence," Working Papers 2016-149, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Vasilios Plakandaras & Juncal Cunado & Rangan Gupta & Mark E. Wohar, 2016. "Do Leading Indicators Forecast U.S. Recessions? A Nonlinear Re-Evaluation Using Historical Data," Working Papers 201685, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.