Human Capital, Talent, Agglomeration and Regional Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Zoltan Acs & Catherine Armington, 2004.
"Employment Growth and Entrepreneurial Activity in Cities,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 911-927.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Catherine Armington, 2004. "Employment Growth and Entrepreneurial Activity in Cities," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-13, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Feldman, Maryann P. & Audretsch, David B., 1999.
"Innovation in cities:: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 409-429, February.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1998. "Innovation in Cities: Science-Based Diversity, Specialization and Localized Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 1980, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henderson, Vernon & Kuncoro, Ari & Turner, Matt, 1995. "Industrial Development in Cities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1067-1090, October.
- Paci Raffaele & Usai Stefano, 2000.
"The Role of Specialisation and Diversity Externalities in the Agglomeration of Innovative Activities,"
Rivista italiana degli economisti,
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 237-268.
- R. Paci & S. Usai, 1999. "The role of specialisation and diversity externalities in the agglomeration of innovative activities," Working Paper CRENoS 199915, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus, 2008.
"Entrepreneurship, Knowledge and Economic Growth,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship,
now publishers, vol. 4(5), pages 451-533, April.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus, 2007. "Entrepreneurship, Knowledge and Economic Growth," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 102, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Lydia Greunz, 2004.
"Industrial structure and innovation - evidence from European regions,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 563-592, December.
- Lydia Greunz, 2004. "Industrial structure and innovation - evidence from European regions," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/169718, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Frank G. van Oort & Oedzge A. L. C. Atzema, 2004. "On the conceptualization of agglomeration economies: The case of new firm formation in the Dutch ICT sector," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 38(2), pages 263-290, June.
- Dahlstrand, Asa Lindholm, 1997. "Growth and inventiveness in technology-based spin-off firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 331-344, October.
- Bruderl, Josef & Preisendorfer, Peter, 1998. "Network Support and the Success of Newly Founded Businesses," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 213-225, May.
- Gerben Panne, 2004. "Agglomeration externalities: Marshall versus Jacobs," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 593-604, December.
- R. Paci & S. Usai, 2000.
"Externalities, knowledge spillovers and the spatial distribution of innovation,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200002, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Paci, Raffaele & Usai, Stefano, 2000. "Externalities, Knowledge Spillovers And The Spatial Distribution Of Innovation," ERSA conference papers ersa00p104, European Regional Science Association.
- Gerben van der Panne & Cees van Beers, 2006. "On the Marshall - Jacobs Controversy It takes two to tango," DRUID Working Papers 06-23, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:8:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13132-015-0278-z is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHuman Capital Externalities; Talent; Knowledge Creation; Knowledge Spillover; Agglomeration; Urban Region; Regional Growth;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2009-08-30 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-FDG-2009-08-30 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-GEO-2009-08-30 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HRM-2009-08-30 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-KNM-2009-08-30 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2009-08-30 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2009-08-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cesisp:0191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cekthse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.