Social Impacts of the Asian Crisis: Policy Challenges and Lessons
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jong-Wha Lee & Changyong Rhee, 1999. "Social Impacts of the Asian Crisis: Policy Challenges and Lessons," Working Paper Series no2, Institute of Economic Research, Seoul National University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-659, May.
- James, Jeffrey, 1987. "Positional goods, conspicuous consumption and the international demonstration effect reconsidered," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 449-462, April.
- Congleton, Roger D., 1989. "Efficient status seeking: Externalities, and the evolution of status games," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 175-190, March.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 1995. "Will raising the incomes of all increase the happiness of all?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 35-47, June.
- Rauscher, Michael, 1993. "Demand for social status and the dynamics of consumer behavior," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 105-113.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Éric Bidet, 2003. "Corée du Sud : vers une société d'assurances sociales," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 44(175), pages 603-620.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Changyong Rhee, 2002.
"Macroeconomic Impacts of the Korean Financial Crisis: Comparison with the Cross-country Patterns,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(4), pages 539-562, April.
- JongWha Lee & Changyong Rhee, 2000. "Macroeconomic Impacts of the Korean Financial Crisis: Comparison with the Crosscountry Patterns," RCER Working Papers 471, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Gerard Postiglione, 2010. "Education Impact Study : The Global Recession and the Capacity of Colleges and Universities to Serve Vulnerable Populations in Asia," Development Economics Working Papers 22816, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kwang Soo Cheong, 1999. "Economic Crisis and Income Inequality in Korea," Working Papers 199906, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Nielsen, Ingrid & Nyland, Chris & Smyth, Russell & Zhu, Cherrie, 2005. "Marketization and perceptions of social protection in China's cities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1759-1781, November.
- Nahid Aslanbeigui & Gale Summerfield, 2000. "The Asian Crisis, Gender, and the International Financial Architecture," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 81-103.
More about this item
Keywordshuman development; economic growth; globalization; inequality; poverty;
- Y8 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Related Disciplines
- Z00 - Other Special Topics - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hdr:hdocpa:hdocpa-1999-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hdundus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .