PILOTs and Public Policy: Steering through the Economic Ramifications
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brad R. Humphreys & Victor Matheson, 2008. "PILOTs and Public Policy: Steering through the Economic Ramifications," Working Papers 0832, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008.
"Do Economists Reach a Conclusion on Subsidies for Sports Franchises, Stadiums, and Mega-Events?,"
Econ Journal Watch,
Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(3), pages 294-315, September.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008. "Do Economists Reach a Conclusion on Subsidies for Sports Franchises, Stadiums, and Mega-Events?," Working Papers 0818, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Rodney Fort, 2004. "Inelastic sports pricing," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 87-94.
More about this item
Keywordssports; stadiums; tax subsidies; economic impact;
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- H81 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Governmental Loans; Loan Guarantees; Credits; Grants; Bailouts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2009-01-24 (Public Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2009-01-24 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hcx:wpaper:0817. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deholus.html .