How Efficient is the East German Economy? An Exploration With Micro Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Funke & Jörg Rahn, 2002. "How efficient is the East German economy? An exploration with microdata," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 10(1), pages 201-223, March.
- Michael Funke & Jörg Rahn, 2000. "How Efficient is the East German Economy? An Exploration With Micro Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 397, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eswar S. Prasad, 2004.
"The Unbearable Stability of the German Wage Structure: Evidence and Interpretation,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 51(2), pages 354-385.
- Eswar S Prasad, 2000. "The Unbearable Stability of the German Wage Structure; Evidence and Interpretation," IMF Working Papers 00/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Richard Ericson & Ariel Pakes, 1995. "Markov-Perfect Industry Dynamics: A Framework for Empirical Work," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 53-82.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Holger Wolf, 1992. "Economic Transition in Eastern Germany," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 235-272.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 1998.
"Competition and the Dispersion of Labour Productivity amongst UK Companies,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 23-38, January.
- Nick Oulton, 1996. "Competition and the Dispersion of Labour Productivity amongst UK Companies," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 103, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Hughes Hallett, A J & Ma, Yue, 1993. "East Germany, West Germany, and Their Mezzogiorno Problem: A Parable for European Economic Integration," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(417), pages 416-428, March.
- Burda, Michael C & Funke, Michael, 1993. "Eastern Germany: Can't We Be More Optimistic?," CEPR Discussion Papers 863, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olley, G Steven & Pakes, Ariel, 1996.
"The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1263-1297, November.
- G. Steven Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry," NBER Working Papers 3977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George S Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics Of Productivity In The Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Working Papers 92-2, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- John Haltiwanger, 1997. "Measuring and analyzing aggregate fluctuations: the importance of building from microeconomic evidence," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 55-78.
- Frank Siebern, 2000. "Growth and Convergence in a Two-Region Model of Unified Germany," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(3), pages 363-384, August.
- Lambson, V.E., 1989. "Industry Evolution With Sunk Costs And Uncertian Market Conditions," Working papers 8904, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1986. "Wald Criteria for Jointly Testing Equality and Inequality Restriction s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1243-1248, September.
- Carlin Wendy & Mayer Colin, 1995. "Structure and Ownership of East German Enterprises," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 426-453, December.
- Michael Funke & Holge Strulik, 1999. "Growth and Convergence in a Two-Region Model of Unified Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 206, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fritsch, Michael & Mallok, Jörn, 1994. "Die Arbeitsproduktivität des industriellen Mittelstandes in Ostdeutschland : Stand und Entwicklungsperspektiven," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 27(1), pages 53-59.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Nickell, Stephen, 1998. "Unemployment: Questions and Some Answers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(448), pages 802-816, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giovanni Peri & Dieter Urban, 2002.
"The Veblen-Gerschenkron Effect of FDI in Mezzogiorno and East Germany,"
Development Working Papers
164, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Giovanni Peri & Dieter M. Urban, 2003. "The Veblen-Gerschenkron Effect of FDI in Mezzogiorno and East Germany," Working Papers 31, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Oleg Badunenko & Michael Fritsch & Andreas Stephan, 2006. "What Determines the Technical Efficiency of a Firm? The Importance of Industry, Location, and Size," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 33/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Jan Kluge & Michael Weber, 2015. "Decomposing the German East-West wage gap," ifo Working Paper Series 205, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Jaan Masso & Almas Heshmati, 2004.
"The optimality and overuse of labour in Estonian manufacturing enterprises,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(4), pages 683-720, December.
- Jaan Masso & Almas Heshmati, 2003. "The Optimality And Overuse Of Labour In Estonian Manufacturing Enterprises," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 20, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Masso, Jaan & Heshmati, Almas, 2003. "The Optimality and Overuse of Labour in Estonian Manufacturing Enterprises," IZA Discussion Papers 884, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fuchs-Schündeln, Nicola & Izem, Rima, 2012.
"Explaining the low labor productivity in East Germany – A spatial analysis,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-21.
- Rima Izem & Nicola Fuchs-Schuendeln, 2007. "Explaining the Low Labor Productivity in East Germany - A Spatial Analysis," 2007 Meeting Papers 378, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hlavac, Marek, 2010. "Freedom as the key to prosperity: Lessons from the world's growth miracles and economic disasters," MPRA Paper 25563, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sebastián Claro, 2004. "Vertical and Horizontal Dimensions of Trade Liberalization," Documentos de Trabajo 265, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Astrid Cullmann & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2007. "From Transition to Competition: Dynamic Efficiency Analysis of Polish Electricity Distribution Companies," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 716, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kalyuzhnova, Yelena & Vagliasindi, Maria, 2006. "Capacity utilization of the Kazakhstani firms and the Russian financial crisis: A panel data analysis," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 231-248, October.
- Bezat, Agnieszka, 2011. "Estimation of technical efficiency by application of the SFA method for panel data," Problems of World Agriculture / Problemy Rolnictwa Åšwiatowego, WydziaÅ‚ Nauk Ekonomicznych, Uniwersytet Warszawski, vol. 11(26).
- Alexander Schiersch, 2013. "Firm size and efficiency in the German mechanical engineering industry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 335-350, February.
- Claro, Sebastian, 2006. "Supporting inefficient firms with capital subsidies: China and Germany in the 1990s," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 377-401, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEast Germany; technical efficiency; panel data; convergence; wages;
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ham:qmwops:20012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imhamde.html .