What's that got to do with the price of fish? Buyers behavior on the Ancona fish market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gallegati, Mauro & Giulioni, Gianfranco & Kirman, Alan & Palestrini, Antonio, 2011. "What’s that got to do with the price of fish? Buyers behavior on the Ancona fish market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 20-33.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bulow, Jeremy & Klemperer, Paul, 1996. "Auctions versus Negotiations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 180-194, March.
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 1989. "How Auctions Work for Wine and Art," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 23-36, Summer.
- John A. List, 2004.
"Testing Neoclassical Competitive Theory in Multilateral Decentralized Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(5), pages 1131-1156, October.
- John List, 2004. "Testing neoclassical competitive theory in multi-lateral decentralized markets," Framed Field Experiments 00176, The Field Experiments Website.
- John List, 2004. "Testing Neoclassical Competitive Theory in Multilateral Decentralized Markets," Natural Field Experiments 00490, The Field Experiments Website.
- Weisbuch, Gerard & Kirman, Alan & Herreiner, Dorothea, 2000. "Market Organisation and Trading Relationships," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 411-436, April.
- Kirman, Alan P. & Vriend, Nicolaas J., 2001. "Evolving market structure: An ACE model of price dispersion and loyalty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(3-4), pages 459-502, March.
- Robert B. Ekelund, Jr. & Sven Thommesen, 1989. "Disequilibrium Theory and Thornton's Assault on the Laws of Supply and Demand," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 567-592, Winter.
- Neugebauer, Tibor & Pezanis-Christou, Paul, 2007. "Bidding behavior at sequential first-price auctions with(out) supply uncertainty: A laboratory analysis," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 55-72, May.
- Myerson, Roger B. & Satterthwaite, Mark A., 1983. "Efficient mechanisms for bilateral trading," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 265-281, April.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & Kirman, Alan, 1995. "Nonclassical demand : A model-free examination of price-quantity relations in the Marseille fish market," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 227-257, May.
- McAfee R. Preston & Vincent Daniel, 1993. "The Declining Price Anomaly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 191-212, June.
- Lu, Xiaohua & McAfee, R. Preston, 1996. "The Evolutionary Stability of Auctions over Bargaining," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 228-254, August.
- Takashi Negishi, 1986. "Thornton's criticism of equilibrium theory and Mill," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 567-577, Winter.
- McAfee, R Preston & McMillan, John, 1987. "Auctions and Bidding," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(2), pages 699-738, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karl Finger & Daniel Fricke & Thomas Lux, 2013.
"Network analysis of the e-MID overnight money market: the informational value of different aggregation levels for intrinsic dynamic processes,"
Computational Management Science,
Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 187-211, June.
- Finger, Karl & Fricke, Daniel & Lux, Thomas, 2012. "Network analysis of the e-MID overnight money market: The informational value of different aggregation levels for intrinsic dynamic processes," Kiel Working Papers 1782, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Frédéric Salladarré & Patrice Guillotreau & Patrice Loisel & Pierrick Ollivier, 2015. "The declining price anomaly in sequential auctions with asymmetric buyers: Evidence from the Nephrops norvegicus market in France," Working Papers hal-01147207, HAL.
- Laurent Gobillon & François Charles Wolff & Patrice Guillotreau, 2013.
"Evaluating the law of one price using micro panel data,"
PSE Working Papers
- Gobillon, Laurent & Guillotreau, Patrice & Wolff, François-Charles, 2013. "Evaluating the law of one price using micro panel data," CEPR Discussion Papers 9586, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sylvain Mignot & Gabriele Tedeschi & Annick Vignes, 2012. "An Agent Based Model of Switching: The Case of Boulogne S/mer Fish Market," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 15(2), pages 1-3.
- Guerci, E. & Kirman, A. & Moulet, S., 2014. "Learning to bid in sequential Dutch auctions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 374-393.
More about this item
Keywordswholesale fish market; Dutch auction;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2010-12-23 (Business Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00545129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .