What's that got to do with the price of fish? Buyers behavior on the Ancona fish market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gallegati, Mauro & Giulioni, Gianfranco & Kirman, Alan & Palestrini, Antonio, 2011. "What’s that got to do with the price of fish? Buyers behavior on the Ancona fish market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 20-33.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bulow, Jeremy & Klemperer, Paul, 1996. "Auctions versus Negotiations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 180-194, March.
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 1989. "How Auctions Work for Wine and Art," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 23-36, Summer.
- John A. List, 2004.
"Testing Neoclassical Competitive Theory in Multilateral Decentralized Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(5), pages 1131-1156, October.
- John List, 2004. "Testing neoclassical competitive theory in multi-lateral decentralized markets," Framed Field Experiments 00176, The Field Experiments Website.
- John List, 2004. "Testing Neoclassical Competitive Theory in Multilateral Decentralized Markets," Natural Field Experiments 00490, The Field Experiments Website.
- Weisbuch, Gerard & Kirman, Alan & Herreiner, Dorothea, 2000. "Market Organisation and Trading Relationships," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 411-436, April.
- Kirman, Alan P. & Vriend, Nicolaas J., 2001. "Evolving market structure: An ACE model of price dispersion and loyalty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(3-4), pages 459-502, March.
- Robert B. Ekelund, Jr. & Sven Thommesen, 1989. "Disequilibrium Theory and Thornton's Assault on the Laws of Supply and Demand," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 567-592, Winter.
- Neugebauer, Tibor & Pezanis-Christou, Paul, 2007. "Bidding behavior at sequential first-price auctions with(out) supply uncertainty: A laboratory analysis," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 55-72, May.
- Myerson, Roger B. & Satterthwaite, Mark A., 1983. "Efficient mechanisms for bilateral trading," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 265-281, April.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & Kirman, Alan, 1995. "Nonclassical demand : A model-free examination of price-quantity relations in the Marseille fish market," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 227-257, May.
- McAfee R. Preston & Vincent Daniel, 1993. "The Declining Price Anomaly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 191-212, June.
- Lu, Xiaohua & McAfee, R. Preston, 1996. "The Evolutionary Stability of Auctions over Bargaining," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 228-254, August.
- Takashi Negishi, 1986. "Thornton's criticism of equilibrium theory and Mill," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 567-577, Winter.
- McAfee, R Preston & McMillan, John, 1987. "Auctions and Bidding," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(2), pages 699-738, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karl Finger & Daniel Fricke & Thomas Lux, 2013.
"Network analysis of the e-MID overnight money market: the informational value of different aggregation levels for intrinsic dynamic processes,"
Computational Management Science,
Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 187-211, June.
- Finger, Karl & Fricke, Daniel & Lux, Thomas, 2012. "Network analysis of the e-MID overnight money market: The informational value of different aggregation levels for intrinsic dynamic processes," Kiel Working Papers 1782, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Frédéric Salladarré & Patrice Guillotreau & Patrice Loisel & Pierrick Ollivier, 2015. "The declining price anomaly in sequential auctions with asymmetric buyers: Evidence from the Nephrops norvegicus market in France," Working Papers hal-01147207, HAL.
- Laurent Gobillon & François Charles Wolff & Patrice Guillotreau, 2013.
"Evaluating the law of one price using micro panel data,"
PSE Working Papers
- Gobillon, Laurent & Guillotreau, Patrice & Wolff, François-Charles, 2013. "Evaluating the law of one price using micro panel data," CEPR Discussion Papers 9586, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Laurent Gobillon & François Charles Wolff & Patrice Guillotreau, 2013. "Evaluating the law of one price using micro panel data," Working Papers halshs-00849075, HAL.
- Sylvain Mignot & Gabriele Tedeschi & Annick Vignes, 2012. "An Agent Based Model of Switching: The Case of Boulogne S/mer Fish Market," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 15(2), pages 1-3.
- Daniele Giachini, 2018. "Rationality and Asset Prices under Belief Heterogeneity," LEM Papers Series 2018/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Guerci, E. & Kirman, A. & Moulet, S., 2014. "Learning to bid in sequential Dutch auctions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 374-393.
More about this item
Keywordswholesale fish market; Dutch auction;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00545129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.