How to account for changes in the size of Sports Leagues? The Iso Competitive Balance Curves
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-pascal Gayant & Nicolas Le Pape, 2012. "How to account for changes in the size of Sports Leagues? The Iso Competitive Balance Curves," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(2), pages 1715-1723.
- Jean-Pascal Gayant & Nicolas Le Pape, 2012. "How to account for changes in the size of Sports Leagues:The Iso Competitive Balance Curves," TEPP Working Paper 2012-02, TEPP.
- Jean-Pascal Gayant & Nicolas Le Pape, 2012. "How to account for changes in the size of Sports Leagues: The Iso Competitive Balance Curves," Working Papers halshs-00856122, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew S. Zimbalist, 2002. "Competitive Balance in Sports Leagues: An Introduction," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(2), pages 111-121, May.
- Craig Depken, 1999.
"Free-Agency and the Competitiveness of Major League Baseball,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 14(3), pages 205-217, May.
- Craig A. Depken II, 1996. "Free-Agency and the Competitiveness of Major-League Baseball," Industrial Organization 9610001, EconWPA, revised 04 Nov 1996.
- Simon Rottenberg, 1956. "The Baseball Players' Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 242-242.
- Tim Pawlowski & Christoph Breuer & Arnd Hovemann, 2010. "Top Clubsâ€™ Performance and the Competitive Situation in European Domestic Football Competitions," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 11(2), pages 186-202, April.
- Stefan Kesenne, 2000. "Revenue Sharing and Competitive Balance in Professional Team Sports," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 1(1), pages 56-65, February.
- Szymanski, Stefan, 2001. "Income Inequality, Competitive Balance and the Attractiveness of Team Sports: Some Evidence and a Natural Experiment from English Soccer," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(469), pages 69-84, February.
- Rodney Fort & James Quirk, 1995. "Cross-subsidization, Incentives, and Outcomes in Professional Team Sports Leagues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1265-1299, September.
- El-Hodiri, Mohamed & Quirk, James, 1971. "An Economic Model of a Professional Sports League," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1302-1319, Nov.-Dec..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicolas SCELLES, 2016. "Wladimir Andreff (Ed.), Disequilibrium Sports Economics: Competitive Imbalance and Budget Constraints," Journal of Economics and Political Economy, KSP Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 393-410, June.
- Nicolas Scelles & Christophe Durand & Liliane Bonnal & Daniel Goyeau & Wladimir Andreff, 2013.
"My team is in contention? Nice, I go to the stadium! Competitive intensity in the French football Ligue 1,"
AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 2365-2378.
- Wladimir Andreff & Nicolas Scelles & Christophe Durand & Liliane Bonnal & Daniel Goyeau, 2013. "My teamis in contention? Nice, I go to the stadium! Competitive intensity in the French football Ligue 1," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00874479, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordscompetitive balance; sport league; équilibre compétitif; championnat sportif;
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00708604. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .