Strategy for Economic Growth in Brazil: a Post Keynesian Approach
The paper proposes a Keynesian strategy for economic policy that aims to achieve higher, stable and sustained economic growth in Brazil. Its main hypothesis is that the current poor growth performance of the Brazilian economy is due to macroeconomic and structural constraints rather than to the lack of microeconomic reforms.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Creation Date corresponds to the year in which the paper was published on the Department of Economics website. The paper may have been written a small number of months before its publication date.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Av. Prefeito Lothário Meissner, 632 - térreo, Bairro Jardim Botânico, 80210-170 Curitiba - PR|
Web page: http://www.economiaetecnologia.ufpr.br/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S103-26, October.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agnes Belaisch, 2003. "Do Brazilian Banks Compete?," IMF Working Papers 03/113, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul Davidson, 1994. "Post Keynesian Macroeconomic Theory," Books, Edward Elgar, number 124.
- Antonio J. Alves, Jr. & Fernando Ferrari, Jr. & Luiz F. R. De Paula, 2000. "The Post Keynesian Critique of Conventional Currency Crisis Models and Davidson's Proposal to Reform the International Monetary System," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(2), pages 207-225, January.
- Arestis, Philip & Sawyer, Malcolm, 1998. "Keynesian Economic Policies for the New Millennium," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 181-95, January.
- Luiz Fernando R. De Paula & Antonio José Alves, Jr., 2000. "External Financial Fragility and the 1998-1999 Brazilian Currency Crisis," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(4), pages 589-617, July.
- Tarsila Segalla Afanasieff & Priscilla Maria Villa Lhacer & Márcio Issao Nakane, 2001. "The Determinants of Bank Interest Spread in Brazil," Anais do XXIX Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 29th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 051, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2002. "The Nature of Economic Growth," Books, Edward Elgar, number 2579.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fup:wpaper:0027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luciano Nakabashi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.