Applied Nonparametric Methods
We review different approaches to nonparametric density and regression estimation. Kernel estimators are motivated from local averaging and solving ill-posed problems. Kernel estimators are compared to k-NN estimators, orthogonal series and splines. Pointwise and uniform confidence bands are described, and the choice of smoothing parameter is discussed. Finally, the method is applied to nonparametric prediction of time series and to semiparametric estimation.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1992|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 31 13 4663050
Fax: 31 13 4663066
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Altug, S. & Miller, R.A., 1991.
"Human capital, aggregate shocks and panel data estimation,"
1991-28, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sumru Altug & Robert A. Miller, 1990. "Human capital, aggregate shocks, and panel data estimation," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 47, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Altug, S. & Miller, R.A., 1991. "Human Capital , Aggregate Shocks and Panel Data Estimation," GSIA Working Papers 1991-25, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Altug, S. & Miller, R.A., 1991. "Human Capital, Aggregate Shocks and Panel Data Estimation," Papers 9128, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Altug, S. & Miller, R.A., 1991. "Human Capital, Aggregate Shocks and Panel Data Estimation," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 91-1, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:6:y:1990:i:4:p:466-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F & Gardner, Roy, 1976.
"Some Finite Sample Properties of Spectral Estimators of a Linear Regression,"
Econometric Society, vol. 44(1), pages 149-65, January.
- R. F. Engle & R. Gardner, 1973. "Some Finite Sample Properties of Spectral Estimators of a Linear Regression," Working papers 122, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Engle, Robert F & Hendry, David F & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1979.
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
162, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Souza, Geraldo, 1991. "On the asymptotic normality of Fourier flexible form estimates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 329-353, December.
- Diebold, Francis X. & Nason, James A., 1990.
"Nonparametric exchange rate prediction?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3-4), pages 315-332, May.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Asymptotic Normality of Series Estimators for Nonparametric and Semiparametric Regression Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 307-45, March.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Asymptotic Normality of Series Estimators for Nonparametric and Semiparametric Regression Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 874R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised May 1989.
- Hardle, W. & Hall, P. & Ichimura, H., 1991. "Optimal smoothing in single index models," CORE Discussion Papers 1991007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Yoon-Jae Whang, 1989.
"Additive Interactive Regression Models: Circumvention of the Curse of Dimensionality,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
925, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Andrews, Donald W.K. & Whang, Yoon-Jae, 1990. "Additive Interactive Regression Models: Circumvention of the Curse of Dimensionality," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(04), pages 466-479, December.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1986. "Asymptotic efficiency in semi-parametric models with censoring," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 189-218, July.
- Das, Sanghamitra, 1991. "A semiparametric structural analysis of the idling of cement kilns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 235-256, December.
- Delgado, Miguel A., 1992. "Semiparametric Generalized Least Squares in the Multivariate Nonlinear Regression Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 203-222, June.
- Chaudhuri, Probal, 1991. "Global nonparametric estimation of conditional quantile functions and their derivatives," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 246-269, November.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim & Gallant, A Ronald & Souza, Geraldo, 1983. "An Elasticity Can Be Estimated Consistently without A Priori Knowledge of Functional Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1731-51, November.
- Deaton, Angus, 1989. "Rice Prices and Income Distribution in Thailand: A Non-parametric Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 1-37, Supplemen.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:tilbur:9206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.