On the Distributional Impact of Public Education: Evidence from Greece
Household budget survey data and public budget consolideted data for 1987/88 are combined to yoeld a non-estimation based measure of benefit of government education outlays in Greece. As expected for a country where education services are provided free of charge and the role of private education is limited transfers in the fields of primary and secondary education contribute strongly to a decline in quality.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +30 1 8203250
Fax: +301 8228419
Web page: http://www.aueb.gr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aaron, Henry & McGuire, Martin, 1970. "Public Goods and Income Distribution," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(6), pages 907-20, November.
- Tsakloglou, Panos & Antoninis, Manos, 1999.
"On the distributional impact of public education: evidence from Greece,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 439-452, October.
- Antoninis, M. & Tsakloglou, P., 1997. "On the Distributional Impact of Public Education: Evidence from Greece," DEOS Working Papers 97-01, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Antoninis, M. & Tsakloglou, P., 1997. "On the Distributional Impact of Public Education: Evidence from Greece," Athens University of Economics and Business 97-01, Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies.
- Theodoros Mitrakos & Panos Tsakloglou, 2010. "Analyzing and comparing the impact of alternative concepts of resources in distributional studies: Greece, 2004/5," Working Papers 111, Bank of Greece.
- Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 1995. "Socioeconomic background, schooling, experience, ability and monetary rewards in Greece," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 85-91, March.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1986. "The Public Subsidization of Education and Health in Developing Countries: A Review of Equity and Efficiency," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 1(1), pages 111-29, January.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1982. "Earnings and education in Greece, 1960–1977," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 333-347.
- Tsakloglou, Panos, 1993. "Aspects of inequality in Greece : Measurement, decomposition and intertemporal change: 1974, 1982," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 53-74, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:athebu:97-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.