Effects of tariffs and sanitary barriers on high- and low-value poultry trade
"A competitive partial-equilibrium spatial model with heterogeneous goods is constructed to evaluate effects of the removal of tariffs, tariff-rate quotas, and sanitary regulations on world poultry trade. The model distinguishes between "high-value" (mostly white meat) and "low-value" (mostly dark meat) poultry products and simulates the trade flows between eight exporting and importing countries and regions. Removing all barriers simultaneously has larger impact on trade than only removing tariffs and tariff-rate quotas. Imposition of sanitary barriers against US products by Russia shifts trade flows, but does not have large net impacts on US producers." from Abstract
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1201 Eye Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005-3915|
Web page: http://www.ifpri.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy E. Josling & Donna Roberts & David Orden, 2004. "Food Regulation and Trade: Toward a Safe and Open Global System," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 347, November.
- Alston, Julian M. & Scobie, Grant M., 1987.
"A Differentiated Goods Model of the Effects of European Policies in International Poultry Markets,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 59-68, July.
- Alston, Julian M. & Scobie, Grant M., 1987. "A Differentiated Goods Model Of The Effects Of European Policies In International Poultry Markets," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Philip L. Paarlberg & John G. Lee, 1998. "Import Restrictions in the Presence of a Health Risk: An Illustration Using FMD," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 175-183.
- Calvin, Linda & Krissoff, Barry, 1998. "Technical Barriers To Trade: A Case Study Of Phytosanitary Barriers And U.S. - Japanese Apple Trade," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(02), December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)