Reading the recent monetary history of the U.S., 1959-2007
The authors report the results of the estimation of a rich dynamic stochastic general equilibrium model of the U.S. economy with both stochastic volatility and parameter drifting in the Taylor rule. They use the results of this estimation to examine the recent monetary history of the U.S. and to interpret, through this lens, the sources of the rise and fall of the great American inflation from the late 1960s to the early 1980s and of the great moderation of business cycle fluctuations between 1984 and 2007.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.philadelphiafed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.phil.frb.org/econ/wps/index.html Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Burton A. Abrams, 2006.
"How Richard Nixon Pressured Arthur Burns: Evidence from the Nixon Tapes,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 177-188, Fall.
- Burton A. Abrams, 2006. "How Richard Nixon Pressured Arthur Burns: Evidence from the Nixon Tapes," Working Papers 06-04, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1998. "Numerical Methods in Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262100711, June.
- Alejandro Justiniano & Giorgio E. Primiceri, 2008.
"The Time-Varying Volatility of Macroeconomic Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 604-41, June.
- Alejandro Justiniano & Giorgio E. Primiceri, 2006. "The Time Varying Volatility of Macroeconomic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 12022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giorgio Primiceri & Alejandro Justiniano, 2006. "The Time Varying Volatility of Macroeconomic Fluctuations," 2006 Meeting Papers 353, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Robert Wright, 2009. "Inside the Fed: monetary policy and its management, Martin through Greenspan to Bernanke," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(5), pages 797-799.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpwp:10-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.