Perspectives on recent trends in consumer debt
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sebastian Barnes & Garry Young, 2003. "The rise in US household debt: assessing its causes and sustainability," Bank of England working papers 206, Bank of England.
- David B. Gross & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2002. "Do Liquidity Constraints and Interest Rates Matter for Consumer Behavior? Evidence from Credit Card Data," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 149-185.
- Todd Sinai & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2005.
"Owner-Occupied Housing as a Hedge Against Rent Risk,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 120(2), pages 763-789.
- Todd Sinai & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2003. "Owner-Occupied Housing as a Hedge Against Rent Risk," NBER Working Papers 9462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Todd Sinai & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2005. "Owner-occupied housing as a hedge against rent risk," Working Papers 05-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- David B. Gross, 2002.
"An Empirical Analysis of Personal Bankruptcy and Delinquency,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(1), pages 319-347, March.
- David B. Gross & Nicholas S. Souleles, 1999. "An Empirical Analysis of Personal Bankruptcy and Delinquency," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-28, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- David B. Gross & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2001. "An Empirical Analysis of Personal Bankruptcy and Delinquency," NBER Working Papers 8409, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cox, Donald & Jappelli, Tullio, 1993.
"The Effect of Borrowing Constraints on Consumer Liabilities,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 197-213, May.
- Donald Cox & Tullio Japelli, 1993. "The Effect Of Borrowing Constraints On Consumer Liabilities," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 228, Boston College Department of Economics.
- John V. Duca, 2004. "How vulnerable are housing prices?," Southwest Economy, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Mar, pages 1,11-16.
- Mark Furletti, 2003. "Credit card pricing developments and their disclosure," Payment Cards Center Discussion Paper 03-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ellis W. Tallman, 2001. "The burden of debt," EconSouth, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q2, pages 1-1.
- Dean M. Maki, 2000. "The growth of consumer credit and the household debt service burden," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-12, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Karen E. Dynan & Kathleen W. Johnson & Karen M. Pence, 2003. "Recent changes to a measure of U.S. household debt service," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Oct, pages 417-426.
- Kartik B. Athreya, 2004. "Shame as it ever was : stigma and personal bankruptcy," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 1-19.
- Robert G. Murphy, 1997. "Household Debt and Aggregate Consumption Expenditures," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 386, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jonathan McCarthy & Richard Peach, 2004. "Are home prices the next "bubble"?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 1-17.
- Leonard I. Nakamura & Tom Stark, 2005.
"Benchmark revisions and the U.S. personal saving rate,"
05-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Leonard I. Nakamura & Tom Stark, 2006. "Bench Mark Revisions and the U.S. Personal Saving Rate," 2006 Meeting Papers 123, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Margaret M. McConnell & Richard Peach & Alex Al-Haschimi, 2003. "After the refinancing boom: will consumers scale back their spending?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 9(Dec).
- Wenli Li, 2005. "Moving up: trends in homeownership and mortgage indebtedness," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q1, pages 26-34.
- Kathleen W. Johnson, 2004. "Convenience or necessity? understanding the recent rise in credit card debt," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-47, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Elizabeth Schmitt, 2000. "Does rising consumer debt signal future recessions?: Testing the causal relationship between consumer debt and the economy," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 28(3), pages 333-345, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-25 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpdp:06-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.