Foreign aid and export performance: a panel data analysis of developing countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jonathan Munemo & Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Arabinda Basistha, 2006. "Foreign Aid and Export Performance: A Panel Data Analysis of Developing Countries," Working Papers 06-10 Classification-, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alesina, Alberto & Dollar, David, 2000.
"Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 33-63, March.
- Alberto Alesina & David Dollar, 1998. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," NBER Working Papers 6612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dollar, David & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," Scholarly Articles 4553020, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1985. "Aid, Export Promotion and the Real Exchange Rate: An African Dilemma?," CEPR Discussion Papers 88, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Howard J. Wall, 2007.
"The determinants of aid in the post-cold war era,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 533-548.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay, 2006. "The Determinants of Aid in the Post-Cold War Era," Working Papers 06-14 Classification- JEL, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Howard J. Wall, 2006. "The determinants of aid in the post-cold war era," Working Papers 2006-021, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004.
"Counting chickens when they hatch: The short-term effect of aid on growth,"
0407010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004. "Counting Chickens When They Hatch: The Short-term Effect of Aid on Growth," Working Papers 44, Center for Global Development.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim A, 1999. "External Aid: Help or Hindrance to Export Orientation in Africa?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 8(4), pages 578-616, December.
- Lucia Tajoli, 1999. "The impact of tied aid on trade flows between donor and recipient countries," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 373-388.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1995. "Why is there Multilateral Lending?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1207, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boone, Peter, 1996. "Politics and the effectiveness of foreign aid," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 289-329, February.
- White, Howard & Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 1992. "Exchange rates, trade liberalization and aid: The Sri Lankan experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1471-1480, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Rasmané Ouedraogo, 2014.
"Does Pro-cyclical Aid Lead to Pro-cyclical Fiscal Policy? An Empirical Analysis for Sub-Saharan Africa,"
- Jean-Louis COMBES & Rasmané OUEDRAOGO, 2014. "Does Pro-cyclical Aid Lead to Pro-cyclical Fiscal Policy? An Empirical Analysis for Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 201424, CERDI.
- A. Wondemu Kifle & Potts David, 2016. "Working Paper 240 - The Impact of the Real Exchange Rate Changes on Export Performance in Tanzania and Ethiopia," Working Paper Series 2348, African Development Bank.
- Jonathan Munemo, 2011. "Foreign aid and export diversification in developing countries," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 339-355.
- Nowak-Lehmann D., Felicitas & Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Cardozo, Adriana & Herzer, Dierk & Klasen, Stephan, 2011. "Does Aid translate into Bilateral Trade? Findings for Recipient Countries," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 61, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Philipp Hühne & Birgit Meyer & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2014.
"Who Benefits from Aid for Trade? Comparing the Effects on Recipient versus Donor Exports,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(9), pages 1275-1288, September.
- Hühne, Philipp & Meyer, Birgit & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2013. "Who benefits from aid for trade? Comparing the effects on recipient versus donor exports," Kiel Working Papers 1852, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Hassen Abda Wako, 2018.
"Aid, institutions and economic growth in subâ€ Saharan Africa: Heterogeneous donors and heterogeneous responses,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 23-44, February.
- Wako, Hassen, 2016. "Aid, institutions and economic growth: Heterogeneous parameters and heterogeneous donors," MERIT Working Papers 009, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- repec:eee:chieco:v:48:y:2018:i:c:p:46-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann & Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Dierk Herzer & Stephan Klasen & Adriana Cardozo, 2013. "Does foreign aid promote recipient exports to donor countries?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 149(3), pages 505-535, September.
- Badassa Tadasse & Bichaka Fayissa, 2009. "Determinants of the Allocation of US Aid forTrade," Working Papers 200901, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Hühne, Philipp & Meyer, Birgit & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2014. "Aid for trade: Assessing the effects on recipient exports of manufactures and primary commodities to donors and non-donors," Kiel Working Papers 1953, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Aye Mengistu, Alemu, 2009. "Determinants of Vertical and Horizontal Export Diversification: Evidences from Sub-Saharan Africa and East Asia," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 17(2), pages 107-107, August.
- Liu, Ailan & Tang, Bo, 2018.
"US and China aid to Africa: Impact on the donor-recipient trade relations,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 46-65.
- Liu, Ailan & Tang, Bo, 2017. "US and China Aid to Africa: Impact on the Donor-Recipient Trade Relations," MPRA Paper 82276, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manamba EPAPHRA, 2016. "Determinants of Export Performance in Tanzania," Journal of Economics Library, KSP Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 470-487, September.
More about this item
KeywordsDeveloping countries - Economic conditions ; Exports;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2007-06-23 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2007-06-23 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INT-2007-06-23 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlwp:2007-023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Oates). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .