Massachusetts business taxes: unfair? inadequate? uncompetitive?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce, Donald & Fox, William F., 2000. "E-Commerce in the Context of Declining State Sales Tax Bases," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 4), pages 1373-90, December.
- Bruce, Donald & Fox, William F., 2000. "E-Commerce in the Context of Declining State Sales Tax Bases," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 53(4), pages 1373-1390, December.
- Robert Tannenwald, 1996. "State business tax climate: how should it be measured and how important is it?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 23-38.
- Robert Tannenwald, 1994. "Massachusetts' tax competitiveness," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 31-49.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1990.
"How does public infrastructure affect regional economic performance?,"
Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 34, pages 69-112.
- Leah M. Cook & Alicia H. Munnell, 1990. "How does public infrastructure affect regional economic performance?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 11-33.
- Richard A. Musgrave & Karl E. Case & Herman Leonard, 1974. "The Distribution of Fiscal Burdens and Benefits," Public Finance Review, , vol. 2(3), pages 259-311, July.
- William H. Oakland & William A. Testa, 1998. "Can the benefits principle be applied to state-local taxation of business?," Working Paper Series WP-98-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Fox, William F. & Luna, LeAnn, 2002. "State Corporate Tax Revenue Trends: Causes and Possible Solutions," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 55(3), pages 491-508, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Tannenwald & Nick Turner, 2004. "Interstate fiscal disparity in state fiscal year 1999," Public Policy Discussion Paper 04-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Donald Bruce & William Fox & Matthew Murray, 2003. "To Tax Or Not To Tax? The Case Of Electronic Commerce," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 25-40, January.
- Propheter Geoffrey, 2015. "Political Institutions and State Sales Tax Base Erosion," Statistics, Politics and Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1-2), pages 1-17, December.
- Horacio L. P. Piffano, 2007.
"Argentina and Brazil: Fiscal Harmonization and Subnational Sales Taxation – State / Provincial VAT versus State / Provincial Retail Sales Tax,"
Department of Economics, Working Papers
069, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Horacio L. P. Piffano, 2007. "Argentina and Brazil: Fiscal Harmonization and Subnational Sales Taxation – State / Provincial VAT versus State / Provincial Retail Sales Tax," IIE, Working Papers 069, IIE, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- David Hanrahan, 2020. "Digitalization as a Determinant of Tax Revenues in OECD Countries: A Static and Dynamic Panel Data Analysis," EIIW Discussion paper disbei285, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Michael Wasylenko, 1997. "Taxation and economic development: the state of the economic literature," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 37-52.
- Bruno Albuquerque & Georgi Krustev, 2018.
"Debt Overhang and Deleveraging in the US Household Sector: Gauging the Impact on Consumption,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 64(2), pages 459-481, June.
- Albuquerque, Bruno & Krustev, Georgi, 2015. "Debt overhang and deleveraging in the US household sector: gauging the impact on consumption," Working Paper Series 1843, European Central Bank.
- Bruno Albuquerque & Georgi Krustev, 2015. "Debt Overhang and Deleveraging in the US Household Sector: Gauging the Impact on Consumption," Staff Working Papers 15-47, Bank of Canada.
- William F. Fox and Matthew N. Murray, 2003. "Sales Taxation in Global Economy," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0320, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Robert Tannenwald, 2001. "Are state and local revenue systems becoming obsolete?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 27-43.
- Donald Bruce & John Deskins, 2012. "Can state tax policies be used to promote entrepreneurial activity?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 375-397, May.
- Argilés-Bosch, Josep M. & Somoza, Antonio & Ravenda, Diego & García-Blandón, Josep, 2020. "An empirical examination of the influence of e-commerce on tax avoidance in Europe," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 41(C).
- Tessa Conroy & Harvey Cutler & Stephan Weiler, 2016. "The State-Level Impacts of Enforcing Sales Taxes for E-retail Purchases," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 276-295, June.
- Richard Green & Kerry Vandell, "undated". "The Impact of Technology on the Internet on Commercial Real Estate," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 01-11, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Brian E. Whitacre, 2011. "Do higher broadband adoption rates mean lower tax collections from local retail sales? Implications of e-commerce in rural areas of the US," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 71-85, June.
- Tiantian Dai & Shenyi Jiang & Xiangbo Liu & Wen Wang, 2016. "The Impact of Internet Sales Tax in a Search Model of Money: Some Analytical Results," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 17(1), pages 133-144, May.
- Saxon, Nicholas & Tosun, Mehmet S. & Yang, Jingjing, 2015. "State and Local Sales Taxes and Business Activity in the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 9413, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Austan Goolsbee, 2001. "The Implications of Electronic Commerce for Fiscal Policy (and Vice Versa)," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 13-23, Winter.
- Luna, LeAnn & Bruce, Donald J. & Hawkins, Richard R., 2007. "Maxing Out: An Analysis of Local Option Sales Tax Rate Increases," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 60(1), pages 45-63, March.
- repec:lrk:lrkwkp:fiirs016 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ali,Rubaba & Barra,Alvaro Federico & Berg,Claudia N. & Damania,Richard & Nash,John D. & Russ,Jason Daniel & Ali,Rubaba & Barra,Alvaro Federico & Berg,Claudia N. & Damania,Richard & Nash,John D. & Russ, 2015. "Transport infrastructure and welfare : an application to Nigeria," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7271, The World Bank.
- Raffaello Bronzini & Paolo Piselli, 2006. "Determinants of long-run regional productivity: the role of R&D, human capital and public infrastructure," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 597, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Zhenhua Chen & Kingsley Haynes, 2015. "Multilevel assessment of public transportation infrastructure: a spatial econometric computable general equilibrium approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(3), pages 663-685, May.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness tax - Massachusetts;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2005-05-23 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-PBE-2005-05-23 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2005-05-23 (Public Finance)
- NEP-URE-2005-05-23 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbpp:04-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.