Re-industralising the eurozone
Real divergences in economic performances that emerge between countries belonging to the eurozone make it necessary to define an economic policy oriented toward a re-industrialization of some regions in Europe.In a world characterised by irreversibility of investment and imperfection of market information, supply reforms should consist in establishing a framework aimed at supporting both competition and cooperation between the various players of innovation, and thus allowing firms’ strategies to be successful.This requires reconsidering both national and European policies that are growth-enhancing, that is, competition policy, labour policy, regional policy, but also industrial policy that takes the form of large public programmes. However, any change in the industrial landscape in Europe will only be possible if a new macroeconomic policy prevents inappropriate destruction of productive capacities.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01 44 18 54 00
Fax: 01 45 56 06 15
Web page: http://www.ofce.sciences-po.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patrick Musso & Stefano Schiavo, 2007.
"The Impact of Financial Constraints on Firms Survival and Growth,"
Sciences Po publications
2007-37, Sciences Po.
- Patrick Musso & Stefano Schiavo, 2008. "The impact of financial constraints on firm survival and growth," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 135-149, April.
- Patrick Musso & Stefano Schiavo, 2007. "The Impact of Financial Constaints on Firm Survival and Growth," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2007-37, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Mario Amendola & Jean-Luc Gaffard & Patrick Musso, 2006.
"Innovation, productivity gains and the evolution of market structure,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/6542, Sciences Po.
- Mario Amendola & Jean-Luc Gaffard & Patrick Musso, 2006. "Innovation, Productivity Gains and the Evolution of Market Structure," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 97(5), pages 113-134.
- G. B. Richardson, 1998. "The Economics of Imperfect Knowledge," Books, Edward Elgar, number 1524, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fce:doctra:1308. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francesco Saraceno)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.