Ad Valorem Taxes and the Fiscal Gap in Federations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kotsogiannis, Christos & Martinez, Diego, 2008. "Ad valorem taxes and the fiscal gap in federations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 431-434, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Keen & Christos Kotsogiannis, 2003. "Leviathan and Capital Tax Competition in Federations," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 5(2), pages 177-199, April.
- Dahlby, Bev & Wilson, Leonard S., 2003. "Vertical fiscal externalities in a federation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 917-930, May.
- Kotsogiannis, Christos & Makris, Miltiadis, 2002. "On production efficiency in federal systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 281-287, July.
- Robin Boadway & Michael Keen, 1996.
"Efficiency and the optimal direction of federal-state transfers,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 3(2), pages 137-155, May.
- Robin Boadway & Michael Keen, 1996. "Efficiency and the optimal direction of federal-state transfers," IFS Working Papers W96/01, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Michael J. Keen & Christos Kotsogiannis, 2002. "Does Federalism Lead to Excessively High Taxes?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 363-370, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:itaxpf:v:24:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10797-016-9435-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Diego Martínez, 2008. "Optimal Federal Taxes with Public Inputs," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 64(4), pages 422-433, December.
- Willem Sas, 2015. "Commuting in a federation: Horizontal and vertical tax externalities revisited," ERSA conference papers ersa15p690, European Regional Science Association.
- Diego Martinez-Lopez & Tomas Sjöngren, 2014.
"Vertical externalities with lump-sum taxes: how much difference does unemployment make?,"
European Journal of Government and Economics,
Europa Grande, vol. 3(1), pages 75-87, June.
- Diego Martinez & Tomas Sjögren, 2012. "Vertical externalities with lump-sum taxes: how much difference does unemployment make?," Working Papers 2012/25, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Diego Martínez, 2014. "Vertical externalities revisited: new results with public inputs and unit taxation," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1403, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
More about this item
KeywordsAd valorem taxes; fiscal gap; externalities; fiscal federalism;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:exe:wpaper:0703. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Cortinhas). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deexeuk.html .