An evaluation of the developmental implications of the World Bank and IMF lending policies
This paper dwells on the essential requirements of economic development and the role of international credit,. It is also an incursion into the operational principles and strategies of the World Bank and IMF. Finally it analyzes the implication of the World Bank and IMF to economic growth and development of underdeveloped countries and section five will be conclusion.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xavier Sala-I-Martin, 1997.
"Transfers, Social Safety Nets, and Economic Growth,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Dale W. Jorgenson, 1998. "Growth, Volume 2: Energy, the Environment, and Economic Growth," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 2, number 0262100746, March.
- Mathias Thoenig & Thierry Verdier, 2003.
"A Theory of Defensive Skill-Biased Innovation and Globalization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 709-728, June.
- Thoenig, Mathias & Verdier, Thierry, 2002. "A Theory of Defensive Skill-based Innovation and Globalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 3416, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- anonymous, 1995. "Does the bouncing ball lead to economic growth?," Regional Update, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Jul, pages 1-2, 4-6.
- Robert M. Solow, 1994. "Perspectives on Growth Theory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 45-54, Winter.
- Sandilands, Roger J., 2000. "Perspectives on Allyn Young in Theories of Endogenous Growth," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 309-328, September.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1996.
"Neoclassical vs. Endogenous Growth Analysis: An Overview,"
NBER Working Papers
5844, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1996. "Neoclassical vs. endogenous growth analysis: an overview," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 41-71.
- Charles I. Jones, 1999.
"Growth: With or Without Scale Effects?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 139-144, May.
- Solow, Robert M, 1974. "The Economics of Resources or the Resources of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 1-14, May.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834, March.
- Steve Dowrick & Mark Rogers, 2002. "Classical and technological convergence: beyond the Solow-Swan growth model," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 369-385, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:535. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.