On Backwardness and Fair Access to Higher Education in India: Some Results from NSS 55th Round Surveys 1999-2000
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- K. Sundaram, 2006. "On Backwardness And Fair Access To Higher Education In India: Some Results From Nss 55th Round Surveys 1999-2000," Working papers 151, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shapiro, Roger L., 2002. "Drawing lines in the sand: the boundaries of the HIV pandemic in perspective," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(12), pages 2189-2191, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sujoy Chakravarty & E. Somanathan, 2008. "Discrimination in an elite labour market? Job placements at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-01, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Ashish Singh, 2011. "Farm income inequality and the role of caste: new evidence from India," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages 2847-2862.
- Basant, Rakesh & Sen, Gitanjali, 2009.
"Who Participates in Higher Education in India? Rethinking the Role of Affirmative Action,"
IIMA Working Papers
WP2009-11-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Rakesh Basant & Gitanjali Sen, 2010. "Who Participates in Higher Education in India? Rethinking the Role of Affirmative Action," Working Papers id:2672, eSocialSciences.
- Singh, Ashish, 2010. "Does returns to farming depend on Caste? New evidence from India," MPRA Paper 26526, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:jqecon:v:15:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40953-016-0053-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reddy, A Amarender, 2013. "Rural transformation since 1970s in Dokur Village of Andhra Pradesh, India," MPRA Paper 30784, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Nov 2013.
- Vani K. Borooah, 2017.
"Measuring Inequality of Access to Higher Education in India,"
Journal of Quantitative Economics,
Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 15(2), pages 241-263, June.
- Borooah, Vani, 2016. "Measuring Inequality of Access to Higher Education in India," MPRA Paper 75683, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBackward Castes; economic; Scheduled Tribes; Rural India;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2839. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .