Methods for summarizing and comparing wealth distributions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amiel, Yoram & Cowell, Frank & Polovin, Avraham, 1996. "Inequality among the Kibbutzim," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(250), pages 63-85, Suppl..
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Cowell, Frank A & Victoria-Feser, Maria-Pia, 1996. "Robustness Properties of Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(1), pages 77-101, January.
- Cowell, F.A., 2000. "Measurement of inequality," Handbook of Income Distribution, in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 87-166, Elsevier.
- Davies, James B. & Shorrocks, Anthony F., 2000. "The distribution of wealth," Handbook of Income Distribution, in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 605-675, Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alain Trannoy & John Weymark, 2007. "Dominance Criteria for Critical-Level Generalized Utilitarianism," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0707, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Olympia Bover, 2010.
"Wealth Inequality And Household Structure: U.S. Vs. Spain,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(2), pages 259-290, June.
- Bover, Olympia, 2008. "Wealth inequality and household structure: US vs. Spain," CEPR Discussion Papers 6680, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olympia Bover, 2008. "Wealth inequality and household structure: US vs. Spain," Working Papers 0804, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Peichl, Andreas & Pestel, Nico, 2010.
"Multidimensional Measurement of Richness: Theory and an Application to Germany,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4825, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Andreas Peichl & Nico Pestel, 2010. "Multidimensional Measurement of Richness: Theory and an Application to Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 295, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Vladimir Hlasny & Lidia Ceriani & Paolo Verme, 2020.
"Bottom incomes and the measurement of poverty and inequality,"
535, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Hlasny, Vladimir & Ceriani, Lidia & Verme, Paolo, 2020. "Bottom incomes and the measurement of poverty and inequality," GLO Discussion Paper Series 519, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Jérôme Bourdieu & Marta Menéndez & Gilles Postel-Vinay & Akiko Suwa-Eisenmann, 2008.
"Where have (almost) all the wealthy gone? Spatial decomposition of wealth trends in France, 1820-1939,"
Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement,
INRA Department of Economics, vol. 87(2), pages 5-25.
- Bourdieu, Jérôme & Menéndez, Marta & Postel-Vinay, Gilles & Suwa-Eisenmann, Akiko, 2008. "Where have (almost) all the wealthy gone? Spatial decomposition of wealth trends in France, 1820-1939," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement (RAEStud), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 87(2).
- BOURDIEU Jérôme & MENENDEZ Martha & POSTEL-VINAY Gilles & SUWA-EISENMANN Akiko, 2007. "Where have (almost) all the wealthy gone? Spatial decomposition of wealth trends in France, 1820-1939," Research Unit Working Papers 0710, Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA.
- Becker, Gideon, 2015. "Econometric analysis of the wealth gap between East and West Germany," University of Tübingen Working Papers in Business and Economics 87, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, School of Business and Economics.
- F. Clementi & M. Gallegati & G. Kaniadakis, 2012. "A generalized statistical model for the size distribution of wealth," Papers 1209.4787, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2012.
- Kontbay-Busun, Sine & Peichl, Andreas, 2014.
"Multidimensional affluence in income and wealth in the eurozone: A cross country comparison using the HFCS,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
14-124, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Kontbay-Busun, Sine & Peichl, Andreas, 2015. "Multidimensional Affluence in Income and Wealth in the Eurozone: A Cross-Country Comparison Using the HFCS," IZA Discussion Papers 9139, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- F. Clementi & M. Gallegati & G. Kaniadakis & S. Landini, 2016. "$\kappa$-generalized models of income and wealth distributions: A survey," Papers 1610.08676, arXiv.org.
- El-Osta, Hisham S. & Morehart, Mitchell J., 2009. "Welfare Decomposition in the Context of the Life Cycle of Farm Operators: What Does a National Survey Reveal?," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 38(2), pages 1-17, October.
- Eckerstorfer, Paul & Halak, Johannes & Kapeller, Jakob & Schütz, Bernhard & Springholz, Florian & Wildauer, Rafael, 2014.
"Vermögen in Österreich,"
Greenwich Papers in Political Economy
23617, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Paul Eckerstorfer & Johannes Halak & Jakob Kapeller & Bernhard Schütz & Florian Springholz & Rafael Wildauer, 2014. "Vermögen in Österreich," Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft 126, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
- Markus Jäntti & Eva M. Sierminska & Philippe Van Kerm, 2015.
"Modeling the Joint Distribution of Income and Wealth,"
Research on Economic Inequality, in: Thesia I. Garner & Kathleen S. Short (ed.), Measurement of Poverty, Deprivation, and Economic Mobility, volume 23, pages 301-327,
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Jäntti, Markus & Sierminska, Eva & Van Kerm, Philippe, 2015. "Modelling the Joint Distribution of Income and Wealth," IZA Discussion Papers 9190, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Andreas Peichl & Nico Pestel, 2013.
"Multidimensional affluence: theory and applications to Germany and the US,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(32), pages 4591-4601, November.
- Andreas Peichl & Nico Pestel, 2011. "Multidimensional affluence: Theory and applications to Germany and the US," Working Papers 218, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Peichl, Andreas & Pestel, Nico, 2011. "Multidimensional Affluence: Theory and Applications to Germany and the US," IZA Discussion Papers 5926, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Carlo Mazzaferro & Stefano Toso, 2009. "The Distribution Of Total Wealth In Italy: 1991–2002," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 55(3), pages 779-802, September.
- Vladimir Hlasny, 2020. "Parametric Representation of the Top of Income Distributions: Options, Historical Evidence and Model Selection," Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series 90, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Bredenkamp, Caryn & Buisman, Leander R., 2014. "Progress toward the health MDGs : are the poor being left behind ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6894, The World Bank.
- Subramanian Sreenivasan & Jayaraj Dhairiyarayar, 2013. "The Evolution of Consumption and Wealth Inequality in India: A Quantitative Assessment," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 253-281, November.
- Marjan, MAES, 2008. "Financial and redistributive impact of reforming the old-age pension system in Belgium," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2008040, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- D. Jayaraj & S. Sreenivasan, 2015. "Growth and inequality in the distribution of India's consumption expenditure: 1983 to 2009-10," WIDER Working Paper Series 025, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Frank A. Cowell & Philippe Kerm, 2015. "Wealth Inequality: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 671-710, September.
- Hlasny, Vladimir & AlAzzawi, Shireen, 2019. "Asset inequality in the MENA: The missing dimension?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 44-55.
- David Gallusser & Matthias Krapf, 2019. "Joint Income-Wealth Inequality: An Application Using Administrative Tax Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 7876, CESifo.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ECM-2005-06-19 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ese:iserwp:2005-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jonathan Nears). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcessuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.