Democracy and Legitimacy in the European Union Revisited - Input, Output and Throughput
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vivien A. Schmidt, 2009. "Re-Envisioning the European Union: Identity, Democracy, Economy," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47, pages 17-42, September.
- Vivien A. Schmidt, 2004. "The European Union: Democratic Legitimacy in a Regional State?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(5), pages 975-997, December.
- Scharpf, Fritz W., 2007. "Reflections on multilevel legitimacy," MPIfG Working Paper 07/3, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Hooghe, Liesbet & Marks, Gary, 2009. "A Postfunctionalist Theory of European Integration: From Permissive Consensus to Constraining Dissensus," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(01), pages 1-23, January.
- Greenwood, Justin, 2007. "Organized Civil Society and Democratic Legitimacy in the European Union," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 333-357, April.
- Scharpf, Fritz Wilhelm, 2009. "Legitimacy in the multilevel European polity," MPIfG Working Paper 09/1, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Erik Oddvar Eriksen & John Erik Fossum, 2002. "Democracy through Strong Publics in the European Union?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 401-424, September.
More about this item
Keywordsdemocracy; legitimacy; Europeanization; Europeanization;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-01 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erp:kfgxxx:p0021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sasan ABDI). General contact details of provider: http://www.transformeurope.eu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.