Extending the Collective Approach to Children: A Rothbarth-Type Measure of Child Costs Consistent with Scale Economies and Parents Bargaining
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniela Del Boca & Christopher Flinn & Matthew Wiswall, 2014.
"Household Choices and Child Development,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 81(1), pages 137-185.
- Daniela Del Boca & Christopher Flinn & Matthew Wiswall, 2010. "Household Choices and Child Development," Working Papers 2011-039, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Del Boca, Daniela & Flinn, Christopher & Wiswall, Matthew, 2010. "Household Choices and Child Development," IZA Discussion Papers 5155, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniela Del Boca & Christopher Flinn & Matthew Wiswall, 2010. "Household Choices and Child Development," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 149, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Chiappori, Pierre-André & Donni, Olivier, 2009. "Non-unitary Models of Household Behavior: A Survey of the Literature," IZA Discussion Papers 4603, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Burkhard, 2015. "Allocation of Expenditures in Elderly Households and the Cost of Widowhood," Diskussionsschriften dp1503, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer Demand; Collective Model; Rothbarth Method; Cost of Children; Scale Economies; Equivalence Scales; Indifference Scales.;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ema:worpap:2011-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefania Marcassa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/themafr.html .