La Rénovation de la Goutte d’Or est elle un succès ? Un Diagnostic à l’Aide d’Indices de Prix Immobilier
Is the Renovation of the Goutte d'Or District a Success? An Assessment Using Real-Estate Price Indexes The renovation of La Goutte d'Or, a district near Montmartre (Paris), started in 1985 and continues to this day. Our paper uses the residential housing market as an instrument to evaluate the renovation. We draw on a rich and detailed database on transaction prices, comprising more than 380,000 observations over the period 1981-2001. We can thus study the dynamics of the residential housing market by estimating hedonic price indexes for all of Paris, for the districts under renovation, and for a “control” district. At the district level, we detect a short-term but apparently unsustainable effect of the renovation. At the individual housing level, we provide empirical evidence that the negative externality generated by La Goutte d'Or has been weakening since the start of the project.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 33, boulevard du port - 95011 Cergy-Pontoise Cedex|
Phone: 33 1 34 25 60 63
Fax: 33 1 34 25 62 33
Web page: http://thema.u-cergy.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1985. "Hedonic prices and cost/benefit analysis," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 55-75, October.
- Crone, Theodore M. & Voith, Richard P., 1992.
"Estimating house price appreciation: A comparison of methods,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 324-338, December.
- Theodore M. Crone & Richard Voith, 1992. "Estimating house price appreciation: a comparison of methods," Working Papers 92-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 1988. "Hedonic Prices and the Benefits of Public Projects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 981-989, July.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 1985. "Hedonic Prices and the Benefits of Public Projects," Working Papers 617, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Romain Paris, 2003. "Essai de mesure des effets externes engendrés par une opération d'aménagement à travers une fonction hédonique des prix fonciers," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(4), pages 671-689.
- Martin Hoesli & Bernard Thion & Craig Watkins, 1997. "A hedonic investigation of the rental value of apartments in central Bordeaux," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 15-26, January.
- Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1986. "The short-run and long-run benefits of environmental improvement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 61-81, June.
- Bradford Case & Henry O. Pollakowski & Susan M. Wachter, 1991. "On Choosing Among House Price Index Methodologies," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(3), pages 286-307.
- Jonathan H. Mark & Michael A. Goldberg, 1984. "Alternative Housing Price Indices: An Evaluation," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 12(1), pages 30-49.
- Meese, Richard A. & Wallace, Nancy E., 1998. "Dwelling Price Dynamics in Paris, France," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt62m2s40t, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Francis Calcoen & Didier Cornuel & Hervé Leleu, 2003. "Caractéristiques hédoniques et changement environnemental : la couverture de l'autoroute A1," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(4), pages 597-621. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)