Two Algorithms for Solving the Walrasian Equilibrium Inequalities
We propose two algorithms for deciding if the Walrasian equilibrium inequalities are solvable. These algorithms may serve as nonparametric tests for multiple calibration of applied general equilibrium models or they can be used to compute counterfactual equilibria in applied general equilibrium models defined by the Walrasian equilibrium inequalities.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 8269, New Haven CT 06520-8269|
Phone: (203) 432-3610
Fax: (203) 432-3898
Web page: http://www.econ.yale.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Varian, Hal R, 1982. "The Nonparametric Approach to Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 945-73, July.
- Brown, Donald J & Matzkin, Rosa L, 1996.
"Testable Restrictions on the Equilibrium Manifold,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1249-62, November.
- Carvajal, Andres & Ray, Indrajit & Snyder, Susan, 2004. "Equilibrium behavior in markets and games: testable restrictions and identification," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 1-40, February.
- Shoven,John B. & Whalley,John, 1992.
"Applying General Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521266550, Junio.
- Felix Kubler, 2005. "Approximate Generalizations in Applied Equilibrium Analysis," 2005 Meeting Papers 173, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Donald J. Brown & Ravi Kannan, 2003. "Indeterminacy, Nonparametric Calibration and Counterfactual Equilibria," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1426, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Donald J. Brown and Chris Shannon., 1997.
"Uniqueness, Stability, and Comparative Statics in Rationalizable Walrasian Markets,"
Economics Working Papers
97-256, University of California at Berkeley.
- Donald J. Brown & Chris Shannon, 2000. "Uniqueness, Stability, and Comparative Statics in Rationalizable Walrasian Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1529-1540, November.
- Donald J. Brown & Chris Shannon, 1998. "Uniqueness, Stability, and Comparative Statics in Rationalizable Walrasian Markets," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1170, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Donald J. Brown & Chris Shannon, 1998. "Uniqueness, Stability, and Comparative Statics in Rationalizable Walrasian Markets," GE, Growth, Math methods 9802003, EconWPA, revised 02 Mar 1998.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:egc:wpaper:945. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Louise Danishevsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.