Two Algorithms for Solving the Walrasian Equilibrium Inequalities
We propose two algorithms for deciding if the Walrasian equilibrium inequalities are solvable. These algorithms may serve as nonparametric tests for multiple calibration of applied general equilibrium models or they can be used to compute counterfactual equilibria in applied general equilibrium models defined by the Walrasian equilibrium inequalities.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2005|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (203) 432-3702
Fax: (203) 432-6167
Web page: http://cowles.yale.edu/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Cowles Foundation, Yale University, Box 208281, New Haven, CT 06520-8281 USA|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald J. Brown & Ravi Kannan, 2003. "Indeterminacy, Nonparametric Calibration and Counterfactual Equilibria," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1426, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Felix Kubler, 2005. "Approximate Generalizations in Applied Equilibrium Analysis," 2005 Meeting Papers 173, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Carvajal, Andres & Ray, Indrajit & Snyder, Susan, 2004. "Equilibrium behavior in markets and games: testable restrictions and identification," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 1-40, February.
- Donald J. Brown & Chris Shannon, 1998.
"Uniqueness, Stability, and Comparative Statics in Rationalizable Walrasian Markets,"
GE, Growth, Math methods
9802003, EconWPA, revised 02 Mar 1998.
- Donald J. Brown & Chris Shannon, 2000. "Uniqueness, Stability, and Comparative Statics in Rationalizable Walrasian Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1529-1540, November.
- Donald J. Brown & Chris Shannon, 1998. "Uniqueness, Stability, and Comparative Statics in Rationalizable Walrasian Markets," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1170, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Donald J. Brown and Chris Shannon., 1997. "Uniqueness, Stability, and Comparative Statics in Rationalizable Walrasian Markets," Economics Working Papers 97-256, University of California at Berkeley.
- Brown, Donald J & Matzkin, Rosa L, 1996.
"Testable Restrictions on the Equilibrium Manifold,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1249-62, November.
- Shoven,John B. & Whalley,John, 1992.
"Applying General Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521319867.
- Varian, Hal R, 1982. "The Nonparametric Approach to Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 945-73, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:1508r. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Glena Ames)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.