Skew-rotsymmetric Distributions on Unit Spheres and Related Efficient Inferential Proceedures
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christophe Ley & Thomas Verdebout, 2014. "Local Powers of Optimal One-sample and Multi-sample Tests for the Concentration of Fisher-von Mises-Langevin Distributions," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 82(3), pages 440-456, December.
- Hallin, M. & Werker, B.J.M., 2003.
"Semiparametric efficiency, distribution-freeness and invariance,"
Other publications TiSEM
fe20db00-786a-4261-9999-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Marc Hallin & Bas Werker, 2003. "Semiparametric efficiency, distribution-freeness, and invariance," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2119, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- A. Kume & Andrew T. A. Wood, 2005. "Saddlepoint approximations for the Bingham and Fisher–Bingham normalising constants," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(2), pages 465-476, June.
- Christophe Ley, 2014. "Flexible Modelling in Statistics: Past, present and Future," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2014-42, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Davy Paindaveine & Thomas Verdebout, 2013. "Optimal Rank-Based Tests for the Location Parameter of a Rotationally Symmetric Distribution on the Hypersphere," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2013-36, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- M. C. Jones & Arthur Pewsey, 2012. "Inverse Batschelet Distributions for Circular Data," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 68(1), pages 183-193, March.
- repec:eca:wpaper:2013/128686 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kato, Shogo & Jones, M. C., 2010. "A Family of Distributions on the Circle With Links to, and Applications Arising From, MÃ¶bius Transformation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(489), pages 249-262.
- Ley, Christophe & Paindaveine, Davy, 2010.
"On the singularity of multivariate skew-symmetric models,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 101(6), pages 1434-1444, July.
- Christophe Ley & Davy Paindaveine, 2009. "On the Singularity of Multivariate Skew-Symmetric Models," Working Papers ECARES 2009-017, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Umbach, Dale & Jammalamadaka, S. Rao, 2009. "Building asymmetry into circular distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(5), pages 659-663, March.
- Boulerice, Bernard & Ducharme, Gilles R., 1997. "Smooth Tests of Goodness-of-Fit for Directional and Axial Data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 154-175, January.
- Toshihiro Abe & Arthur Pewsey, 2011. "Sine-skewed circular distributions," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 683-707, August.
- Arthur Pewsey, 2004. "Testing for Circular Reflective Symmetry about a Known Median Axis," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 575-585.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Antonella Capitanio, 2003. "Distributions generated by perturbation of symmetry with emphasis on a multivariate skew "t"-distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(2), pages 367-389.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jupp, P.E. & Regoli, G. & Azzalini, A., 2016. "A general setting for symmetric distributions and their relationship to general distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 107-119.
More about this item
Keywordsdirectional statistics; flexible modelling; generating mechanism; rotationally Symmetric Distribution; tests for rotational symmetry;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/177101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .