Skew-rotsymmetric Distributions on Unit Spheres and Related Efficient Inferential Proceedures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Kume & Andrew T. A. Wood, 2005. "Saddlepoint approximations for the Bingham and Fisher–Bingham normalising constants," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(2), pages 465-476, June.
- Marc Hallin & Bas Werker, 2003.
"Semiparametric efficiency, distribution-freeness, and invariance,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/2119, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hallin, M. & Werker, B.J.M., 2003. "Semiparametric efficiency, distribution-freeness and invariance," Other publications TiSEM fe20db00-786a-4261-9999-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Christophe Ley, 2014. "Flexible Modelling in Statistics: Past, present and Future," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2014-42, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Davy Paindaveine & Thomas Verdebout, 2013. "Optimal Rank-Based Tests for the Location Parameter of a Rotationally Symmetric Distribution on the Hypersphere," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2013-36, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- M. C. Jones & Arthur Pewsey, 2012. "Inverse Batschelet Distributions for Circular Data," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 68(1), pages 183-193, March.
- repec:eca:wpaper:2013/128686 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kato, Shogo & Jones, M. C., 2010. "A Family of Distributions on the Circle With Links to, and Applications Arising From, MÃ¶bius Transformation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(489), pages 249-262.
- Ley, Christophe & Paindaveine, Davy, 2010.
"On the singularity of multivariate skew-symmetric models,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 101(6), pages 1434-1444, July.
- Christophe Ley & Davy Paindaveine, 2009. "On the Singularity of Multivariate Skew-Symmetric Models," Working Papers ECARES 2009-017, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Boulerice, Bernard & Ducharme, Gilles R., 1997. "Smooth Tests of Goodness-of-Fit for Directional and Axial Data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 154-175, January.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Antonella Capitanio, 2003. "Distributions generated by perturbation of symmetry with emphasis on a multivariate skew "t"-distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(2), pages 367-389.
- Umbach, Dale & Jammalamadaka, S. Rao, 2009. "Building asymmetry into circular distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(5), pages 659-663, March.
- Toshihiro Abe & Arthur Pewsey, 2011. "Sine-skewed circular distributions," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 683-707, August.
- Arthur Pewsey, 2004. "Testing for Circular Reflective Symmetry about a Known Median Axis," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 575-585.
- Christophe Ley & Thomas Verdebout, 2014. "Local Powers of Optimal One-sample and Multi-sample Tests for the Concentration of Fisher-von Mises-Langevin Distributions," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 82(3), pages 440-456, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jupp, P.E. & Regoli, G. & Azzalini, A., 2016. "A general setting for symmetric distributions and their relationship to general distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 107-119.
More about this item
Keywordsdirectional statistics; flexible modelling; generating mechanism; rotationally Symmetric Distribution; tests for rotational symmetry;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/177101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.