Do firms sell forward for strategic reasons? An application to the wholesale market for natural gas
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Remco van Eijkel & JosÃ© Luis Moraga Gonzalez, 2010. "Do Firms Sell Forward for Strategic Reasons? An Application to the Wholesale Market for Natural Gas," CESifo Working Paper Series 3270, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nils-Henrik M. von der Fehr & Petter Vegard Hansen, 2010.
"Electricity Retailing in Norway,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 25-46.
- von der Fehr, Nils-Henrik M. & Hansen, Petter Vegard, 2008. "Electricity Retailing in Norway," Memorandum 02/2009, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Nils-Henrik M. Von Der Fehr & Petter Vegard Hansen, 2009. "Electricity Retailing in Norway," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 4, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Nils-Henrik M. Von Der Fehr & Petter Vegard Hansen, 2009. "Electricity Retailing in Norway," RSCAS Working Papers 2009/04, European University Institute.
- Von Der Fehr, N.H.M. & Harbord, D., 1992. "Long-Tern Contracts and Imperfectly Competitive Spot Markets : A Study of U.K. Electricity Industry," Memorandum 14/1992, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- van Damme, Eric & Hurkens, Sjaak, 1997.
"Games with Imperfectly Observable Commitment,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 282-308, October.
- van Damme, E.E.C. & Hurkens, J.P.M., 1994. "Games with imperfectly observable commitment," Discussion Paper 1994-64, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van Damme, E.E.C. & Hurkens, J.P.M., 1997. "Games with imperfectly observable commitment," Other publications TiSEM 98d6e8cb-38a1-4341-b53e-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Argenton, Cédric & Willems, Bert, 2015. "Exclusion through speculation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-9.
- van Koten, Silvester & Ortmann, Andreas, 2013.
"Structural versus behavioral remedies in the deregulation of electricity markets: An experimental investigation motivated by policy concerns,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 256-265.
- Silvester Van Koten & Andreas Ortmann, 2011. "Structural versus Behavioral Remedies in the Deregulation of Electricity Markets: An Experimental Investigation Guided by Theory and Policy Concerns," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp437, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Silvester van Koten & Andreas Ortmann, 2011. "Structural versus Behavioral Measures in the Deregulation of Electricity Markets: An Experimental Investigation Guided by Theory and Policy Concerns," RSCAS Working Papers 2011/07, European University Institute.
- Silvester van Koten & Andreas Ortmann, 2012. "Structural versus Behavioral Remedies in the Deregulation of Electricity Markets: An Experimental Investigation Guided by Theory and Policy Concerns," Discussion Papers 2012-36, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Linda Cohen & Amihai Glazer, 2014. "Forward Markets to Spur Innovation," Working Papers 131405, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Aichele, Markus, 2014. "Strategic investment, forward markets and competition," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 76, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
More about this item
Keywordsmarket power; risk-hedging; forward contracts; spot market; over-thecounter trade; market transparency; churn rates;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2010-09-25 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2010-09-25 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2010-09-25 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:iesewp:d-0864. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Noelia Romero). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ienaves.html .