The governance of intangibles: Rethinking financial reporting and the Board of directors
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Biondi, Yuri & Rebérioux, Antoine, 2012. "The governance of intangibles: Rethinking financial reporting and the board of directors," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 279-293.
- Yuri Biondi & Antoine Reberioux, 2009. "The Governance of Intangibles: rethinking financial reporting and the Board of Directors," Post-Print hal-00401966, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Yuri Biondi, 2009. "Governing the Business Enterprise: Ownership, Institutions, Society," Post-Print hal-00441519, HAL.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1988. " Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 567-591, July.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Daniel E. Sichel, 2000.
"The Resurgence of Growth in the Late 1990s: Is Information Technology the Story?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 3-22, Fall.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Daniel E. Sichel, 2000. "The resurgence of growth in the late 1990s: is information technology the story?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Daniel E. Sichel, 2000. "The resurgence of growth in the late 1990s: is information technology the story?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1989. "Management entrenchment : The case of manager-specific investments," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 123-139, November.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Productivity, R&D, and the Data Constraint," NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 347-374 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2002.
"Information Technology, Workplace Organization, and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 339-376.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 1999. "Information Technology, Workplace Organization and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yuri Biondi, 2007. "Book review: Following the money- The Enron Failure and the state of corporate disclosure," Post-Print halshs-00203043, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10093 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa M. Lynch, 2001.
"How To Compete: The Impact Of Workplace Practices And Information Technology On Productivity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 434-445, August.
- S Black & L Lynch, 1997. "How to Compete: The Impact of Workplace Practices and Information Technology on Productivity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0376, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa M. Lynch, 1997. "How to Compete: The Impact of Workplace Practices and Information Technology on Productivity," NBER Working Papers 6120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Black, S. & Lynch, L., 1997. "How to compete: the impact of workplace practices and information technology on productivity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20298, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Lisa M Lynch & Sandra E Black, 2002. "How to Compete: The Impact of Workplace Practices and Information Technology on Productivity," Working Papers 02-04, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- J. A. van Hamel & H. E. van Wijk & A. J. H. de Rooij & M. Bruel, 1998. "Boardroom Dynamics - Lessons in Governance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 193-201, July.
- Verrecchia, Robert E., 2001. "Essays on disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 97-180, December.
- Kim, YoungGak, 2007. "A Survey on Intangible Capital," CEI Working Paper Series 2007-10, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Klein, April, 1998. "Firm Performance and Board Committee Structure," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 275-303, April.
- Biondi Yuri, 2011.
"The Pure Logic of Accounting: A Critique of the Fair Value Revolution,"
Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-49, January.
- Yuri Biondi, 2011. "The Pure Logic of Accounting: A Critique of the Fair Value Revolution," Post-Print hal-00561894, HAL.
- Yuri Biondi & Arnaldo Canziani & Thierry Kirat, 2007. "The Firm as an Entity: Implications for Economics, Accounting, and the Law," Post-Print halshs-00203355, HAL.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2001. "The Microeconomics of Technological Systems," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199245536.
- Lynsey Sheridan & Edward Jones & Claire Marston, 2006. "Corporate Governance Codes and the Supply of Corporate Information in the UK," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 497-503, September.
- Stephen R. Bond & Jason G. Cummins, 2000. "The Stock Market and Investment in the New Economy: Some Tangible Facts and Intangible Fictions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(1), pages 61-124.
- Fauver, Larry & Fuerst, Michael E., 2006. "Does good corporate governance include employee representation? Evidence from German corporate boards," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 673-710, December.
- Margit Osterloh & Bruno Frey, 2006.
"Shareholders Should Welcome Knowledge Workers as Directors,"
Journal of Management & Governance,
Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 10(3), pages 325-345, September.
- Margit Osterloh & Bruno S. Frey, 2006. "Shareholders Should Welcome Knowledge Workers as Directors," CREMA Working Paper Series 2006-12, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Margit Osterloh & Bruno S. Frey, 2006. "Shareholders Should Welcome Knowledge Workers as Directors," IEW - Working Papers 283, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Eve Caroli & John Van Reenen, 2001.
"Skill-Biased Organizational Change? Evidence from A Panel of British and French Establishments,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1449-1492.
- Caroli, Eve & Van Reenen, John, 1999. "Skill biased organizational change? Evidence from a panel of British and French establishments," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9917, CEPREMAP.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1979.
"Rational Decision Making in Business Organizations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 493-513, September.
- Simon, Herbert A., 1978. "Rational Decision-Making in Business Organizations," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1978-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Y. Biondi & P. Giannoccolo & A. Reberioux, 2010. "Financial disclosure and the Board: A case for non-independent directors," Working Papers 689, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Bushman, Robert M. & Smith, Abbie J., 2001. "Financial accounting information and corporate governance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 237-333, December.
- Philippe Zamora, 2006. "Changements organisationnels, technologiques et recours à la formation dans les entreprises industrielles," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(6), pages 1235-1257.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:35:y:2011:i:2:p:104-117 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:accfor:v:35:y:2011:i:4:p:262-274 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sandro Montresor & Antonio Vezzani, 2016.
"Intangible investments and innovation propensity: Evidence from the Innobarometer 2013,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 331-352, May.
- Sandro Montresor & Antonio Vezzani, 2014. "Intangible investments and innovation propensity. Evidence from the Innobarometer 2013," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2014-03, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Tsunogaya Noriyuki & Okada Hiromasa & Patel Chris, 2011. "The Case for Economic and Accounting Dualism: Towards Reconciling the Japanese Accounting System with the Global Trend of Fair Value Accounting," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-56, October.
- Biondi Yuri, 2015. "An Economic Analysis of ‘Comply or Explain Principle’ under a Review Panel Regime," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 295-300, November.
- Baker C. Richard & Yuri Biondi & Qiusheng Zhang, 2009. "Résistance Et Confusion Dans L'Harmonization Des Normes Comptables Internationales : L'Approche Chinoise Aux Fusions Et Acquistions," Post-Print halshs-00458944, HAL.
More about this item
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:drm:wpaper:2008-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerie Mignon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/modemfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.