Helping Hand ? Aid to Failing States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Collier, Paul & Lal, Deepak, 1984. "Why poor people get rich: Kenya 1960-1979," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(10), pages 1007-1018, October.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1985. "A Theory of Yardstick Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 319-327, Autumn.
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-148, March.
- Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L., 1982. "International migration, non-traded goods and economic welfare in the source country," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 81-90, August.
- de la Briere, Benedicte & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain & Lambert, Sylvie, 2002. "The roles of destination, gender, and household composition in explaining remittances: an analysis for the Dominican Sierra," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 309-328, August.
- Udry, Christopher, 1996. "Gender, Agricultural Production, and the Theory of the Household," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(5), pages 1010-1046, October.
- Fafchamps, Marcel, 1992. "Solidarity Networks in Preindustrial Societies: Rational Peasants with a Moral Economy," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 147-174, October.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Hoddinott, John, 1992. "Rotten Kids or Manipulative Parents: Are Children Old Age Security in Western Kenya?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(3), pages 545-565, April.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Vincent H. Smith & Barry K. Goodwin, 1996. "Crop Insurance, Moral Hazard, and Agricultural Chemical Use," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 428-438.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1988. "Migration, remittances and inequality : A sensitivity analysis using the extended Gini index," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 309-322, May.
- Dubois, Pierre, 2002. "Moral hazard, land fertility and sharecropping in a rural area of the Philippines," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 35-64, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10842 is not listed on IDEAS
- Faini, Riccardo & Venturini, Alessandra, 1993. "Trade, aid and migrations: Some basic policy issues," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 435-442, April.
- Flore Gubert, 2002. "Do Migrants Insure Those who Stay Behind? Evidence from the Kayes Area (Western Mali)," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 267-287.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- Banerjee, Biswajit & Kanbur, S M, 1981. "On the Specification and Estimation of Macro Rural-Urban Migration Functions: With an Application to Indian Data," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 43(1), pages 7-29, February.
- Gustafsson, Bjorn & Makonnen, Negatu, 1993. "Poverty and Remittances in Lesotho," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 2(1), pages 49-73, May.
- Djajic, Slobodan, 1986. "International migration, remittances and welfare in a dependent economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 229-234, May.
- George E. Battese, 1997. "A Note On The Estimation Of Cobb-Douglas Production Functions When Some Explanatory Variables Have Zero Values," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 250-252.
- Wydick, Bruce, 1999. "Can Social Cohesion Be Harnessed to Repair Market Failures? Evidence from Group Lending in Guatemala," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(457), pages 463-475, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick GUILLAUMONT & Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY, 2009.
"State fragility and economic vulnerability: What is measured and why?,"
- Patrick Guillaumont & Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney, 2009. "State Fragility and Economic Vulnerability. What is measured and why?," Post-Print hal-00424004, HAL.
- Patrick Guillaumont & Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney, 2011. "State fragility and economic vulnerability: what is measured and why?," Working Papers halshs-00554284, HAL.
- Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY & Patrick GUILLAUMONT, 2009. "State fragility and economic vulnerability: what is measured and why?," Working Papers 200918, CERDI.
- Patrick GUILLAUMONT & Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY, 2009. "State fragility and economic vulnerability: What is measured and why?," Working Papers P07, FERDI.
- Paul Collier, 2008. "Les performances de l’Afrique sont-elles les conséquences de sa géographie ?," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 186(5), pages 11-22.
- Timothy Besley & Torsten Persson, 2011.
"Fragile States And Development Policy,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 371-398, June.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Persson, Torsten, 2011. "Fragile States and Development Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 8285, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy Besley & Torsten Persson, 2011. "Fragile States and Development Policy," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 022, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Paul Collier, 2006.
"Africa : geography and growth,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Fall, pages 18-21.
- Paul Collier, 2006. "Africa : geography and growth," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 235-252.
- Lisa Chauvet & Paul Collier, 2008. "Aid and Reform in Failing States," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 22(1), pages 15-24, May.
More about this item
KeywordsFragile States; reforms; foreign aid; technical assistance; hazard model; Etats fragiles; réformes; aide publique au développement; assistance technique; modèle de durée;
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- O50 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dia:wpaper:dt200614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Loic Le Pezennec). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diallfr.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .