The Large Sample Correspondence Between Classical Hypothesis Tests and Bayesian Posterior Odds Tests
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1994. "The Large Sample Correspondence between Classical Hypothesis Tests and Bayesian Posterior Odds Tests," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1207-1232, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1989. "A survey of exchange-traded basket instruments," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 62, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Case, Bradford & Quigley, John M, 1991. "The Dynamics of Real Estate Prices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 50-58, February.
- Goetzmann, William Nelson, 1992.
"The Accuracy of Real Estate Indices: Repeat Sale Estimators,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-53, March.
- Goetzmann, W.N., 1990. "The Accuracy Of Real Estimate Indices: Repeat Sale Estimators," Papers fb-_90-17, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Case, Karl E & Shiller, Robert J, 1989.
"The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 125-137, March.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1988. "The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes," NBER Working Papers 2506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1991. "Arithmetic Repeat Sales Price Estimators," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 971, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Clapp, John M & Giaccotto, Carmelo, 1992. "Estimating Price Trends for Residential Property: A Comparison of Repeat Sales and Assessed Value Methods," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 357-374, December.
- Bradford Case & Henry O. Pollakowski & Susan M. Wachter, 1991. "On Choosing Among House Price Index Methodologies," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(3), pages 286-307.
- Cox, John C. & Ingersoll, Jonathan Jr. & Ross, Stephen A., 1981. "The relation between forward prices and futures prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 321-346, December.
- Adam K. Gehr Jr., 1988. "Undated futures markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 89-97, February.
- Palmquist, Raymond B., 1979. "Hedonic price and depreciation indexes for residential housing: A comment," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 267-271, April.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller & Allan N. Weiss, 1991. "Index-Based Futures and Options Markets in Real Estate," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1006, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghysels, Eric & Guay, Alain, 2003.
"Structural change tests for simulated method of moments,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 91-123, July.
- Eric Guysels & Alain Guay, 1998. "Structural Change Tests for Simulated Method of Moments," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 61, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Eric Ghysels & Alain Guay, 1998. "Structural Change Tests for Simulated Method of Moments," CIRANO Working Papers 98s-19, CIRANO.
- Eric Ghysels & Alain Guay, 2001.
"Testing for Structural Change in the Presence of Auxiliary Models,"
Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers
133, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Eric Ghysels & Alain Guay, 2001. "Testing for Structural Change in the Presence of Auxiliary Models," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-54, CIRANO.
- Götz, Thomas B. & Hecq, Alain & Smeekes, Stephan, 2016.
"Testing for Granger causality in large mixed-frequency VARs,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 418-432.
- Götz, T.B. & Hecq, A.W., 2014. "Testing for Granger causality in large mixed-frequency VARs," Research Memorandum 028, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Götz, T.B. & Hecq, A.W. & Smeekes, S., 2015. "Testing for Granger Causality in Large Mixed-Frequency VARs," Research Memorandum 036, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Götz, Thomas B. & Hecq, Alain & Smeekes, Stephan, 2015. "Testing for Granger causality in large mixed-frequency VARs," Discussion Papers 45/2015, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Berg, Nathan, 2004. "No-decision classification: an alternative to testing for statistical significance," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 631-650, November.
- Hoshino, Takahiro, 2008. "Bayesian significance testing and multiple comparisons from MCMC outputs," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 3543-3559, March.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Hong, Han, 2003. "An MCMC approach to classical estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 293-346, August.
- Penelope Smith, 2006. "Bayesian Inference for a Threshold Autoregression with a Unit Root," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2006n20, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Lavergne, Pascal, 2014. "Model equivalence tests in a parametric framework," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P3), pages 414-425.
More about this item
KeywordsAsymptotics; Bayesian; classical; hypothesis test; likelihood ratio; posterior odds; prior;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:1035. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Regan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cowleus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.