Inflation Inequality In South Africa
The inflation crisis of 2008 drew greater attention to the varying experiences of inflation in South Africa and, in particular, to the fact that different groups within society may have significantly differing inflation experiences. The groups may be defined according to income level, but may also be categorised according to demographic, labour market and other characteristics.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2013|
|Publication status:||Published in Working Paper Series by the Development Policy Research Unit, October 2013, pages 1-47|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Private Bag X3, Rondebosch, 7701|
Phone: +27 21 650 5705
Fax: +27 21 650 5711
Web page: http://www.dpru.uct.ac.za
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eduardo Ley, 2005.
"Whose inflation? A characterization of the CPI plutocratic gap,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 57(4), pages 634-646, October.
- Eduardo Ley, 2001. "Whose Inflation? A Characterization of the CPI Plutocratic Gap," Public Economics 0110001, EconWPA, revised 20 Oct 2001.
- Murray Leibbrandt & Arden Finn & Ingrid Woolard, 2012. "Describing and decomposing post-apartheid income inequality in South Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 19-34, March.
- Michael, Robert T, 1979. "Variation across Households in the Rate of Inflation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(1), pages 32-46, February.
- Bart Hobijn & David Lagakos, 2003.
"Inflation inequality in the United States,"
173, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Mario Izquierdo & Eduardo Ley & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2003. "The Plutocratic Gap in the CPI: Evidence from Spain," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 50(1), pages 7-7.
- Morné Oosthuizen, 2007. "Consumer Price Inflation across the Income Distribution in South Africa," Working Papers 07129, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Alessandra Cepparulo & Francesca Gastaldi & Paolo Liberati, 2010. "The distributional and welfare impact of inflation in Italy," Working Papers 134, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Angus Deaton, 1998. "Getting Prices Right: What Should Be Done?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 37-46, Winter.
- Murray Leibbrandt & Ingrid Woolard & Arden Finn & Jonathan Argent, 2010. "Trends in South African Income Distribution and Poverty since the Fall of Apartheid," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 101, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ctw:wpaper:13158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Waseema Petersen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.