The Spatial Solow Model
In this paper, we solve a Solow model in continuous time and space. We prove the existence of a solution to the problem and its convergence to a stationary solution. The simulation of various scenarios in the last section of the paper illustrates the convergence issue
|Date of creation:||01 Sep 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Place Montesquieu 3, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10473945
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/ires
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ten Raa, Thijs, 1986. "The initial value problem for the trade cycle in euclidian space," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 527-546, November.
- Niosi, Jorge & Hanel, Petr & Fiset, Liette, 1995. "Technology transfer to developing countries through engineering firms: The Canadian experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1815-1824, October.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Blanca Martínez & CARGI SAGLAM, 2003.
"The Development Problem Under Embodiment,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2003-08, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & MARTINEZ, Blanca & SAGLAM, Cagri, . "The Development problem under embodiment," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1852, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Raouf, BOUCEKKINE & Blanca, MARTINEZ & Cagri, SAGLAM, 2003. "The Development problem under embodiment," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2003006, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Paul Krugman, 1990.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
NBER Working Papers
3275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mossay, Pascal, 2003. "Increasing returns and heterogeneity in a spatial economy," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 419-444, July.
- Pascal Mossay, 2003. "Increasing Returns And Heterogeneity In A Spatial Economy," Working Papers. Serie AD 2003-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Krugman, Paul, 1993. "On the number and location of cities," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 293-298, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ctl:louvir:2003017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne DAVISTER-LOGIST)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.