The Spatial Solow Model
In this paper, we solve a Solow model in continuous time and space. We prove the existence of a solution to the problem and its convergence to a stationary solution. The simulation of various scenarios in the last section of the paper illustrates the convergence issue
|Date of creation:||01 Sep 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 10473945
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/ires
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krugman, Paul, 1991.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-99, June.
- Mossay, Pascal, 2003. "Increasing returns and heterogeneity in a spatial economy," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 419-444, July.
- Pascal Mossay, 2003. "Increasing Returns And Heterogeneity In A Spatial Economy," Working Papers. Serie AD 2003-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Raouf Boucekkine & Blanca Martínez & CARGI SAGLAM, 2003.
"The Development Problem Under Embodiment,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2003-08, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Raouf, BOUCEKKINE & Blanca, MARTINEZ & Cagri, SAGLAM, 2003. "The Development problem under embodiment," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2003006, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & MARTINEZ, Blanca & SAGLAM, Cagri, . "The Development problem under embodiment," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1852, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Niosi, Jorge & Hanel, Petr & Fiset, Liette, 1995. "Technology transfer to developing countries through engineering firms: The Canadian experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1815-1824, October.
- Ten Raa, Thijs, 1986. "The initial value problem for the trade cycle in euclidian space," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 527-546, November.
- Krugman, Paul, 1993. "On the number and location of cities," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 293-298, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ctl:louvir:2003017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne DAVISTER-LOGIST)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.