Bayesian Computational Tools
This chapter surveys advances in the field of Bayesian computation over the past twenty years, from a purely personnal viewpoint, hence containing some ommissions given the spectrum of the field. Monte Carlo, MCMC and ABC themes are thus covered here, while the rapidly expanding area of particle methods is only briefly mentioned and different approximative techniques like variational Bayes and linear Bayes methods do not appear at all. This chapter also contains some novel computational entries on the double-exponential model that may be of interest per se
|Date of creation:||Dec 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 15 Boulevard Gabriel Peri 92245 Malakoff Cedex|
Phone: 01 41 17 60 81
Web page: http://www.crest.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ventura, Laura & Cabras, Stefano & Racugno, Walter, 2009. "Prior Distributions From Pseudo-Likelihoods in the Presence of Nuisance Parameters," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(486), pages 768-774.
- Congdon, Peter, 2006. "Bayesian model choice based on Monte Carlo estimates of posterior model probabilities," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 346-357, January.
- Håvard Rue & Sara Martino & Nicolas Chopin, 2009. "Approximate Bayesian inference for latent Gaussian models by using integrated nested Laplace approximations," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 71(2), pages 319-392.
- Nicolas Chopin & Christian P. Robert, 2010. "Properties of nested sampling," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 97(3), pages 741-755.
- Pierre Del Moral & Arnaud Doucet & Ajay Jasra, 2006. "Sequential Monte Carlo samplers," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(3), pages 411-436.
- Gourieroux, C & Monfort, A & Renault, E, 1993.
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages S85-118, Suppl. De.
- McKinley Trevelyan & Cook Alex R & Deardon Robert, 2009. "Inference in Epidemic Models without Likelihoods," The International Journal of Biostatistics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-40, July.
- Alexandros Beskos & Omiros Papaspiliopoulos & Gareth O. Roberts & Paul Fearnhead, 2006. "Exact and computationally efficient likelihood-based estimation for discretely observed diffusion processes (with discussion)," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(3), pages 333-382.
- Martins, Thiago G. & Simpson, Daniel & Lindgren, Finn & Rue, Håvard, 2013. "Bayesian computing with INLA: New features," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 68-83.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:2013-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.