Adaptive Density Estimation in Deconvolution Problems with Unknown Error Distribution
A density deconvolution problem with unknown distribution of the errors is considered. To make the target density identifiable, one has to assume that some additional information on the noise is available. We consider two different models: the framework where some additional sample of the pure noise is available, as well as the repeated observation model, where the contaminated random variable of interest can be observed repeatedly. We introduce kernel estimators and present upper risk bounds. The focus of this work lies on the optimal data driven choice of the smoothing parameter using a penalization strategy
|Date of creation:||Dec 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 15 Boulevard Gabriel Peri 92245 Malakoff Cedex|
Phone: 01 41 17 60 81
Web page: http://www.crest.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stéphane Bonhomme & Jean-Marc Robin, 2010.
"Generalized Non-Parametric Deconvolution with an Application to Earnings Dynamics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 77(2), pages 491-533.
- Stéphane Bonhomme & Jean-Marc Robin, 2008. "Generalized nonparametric deconvolution with an application to earnings dynamics," CeMMAP working papers CWP03/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Neumann, Michael H., 2007. "Deconvolution from panel data with unknown error distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(10), pages 1955-1968, November.
- Fabienne Comte & Adeline Samson, 2012. "Nonparametric estimation of random-effects densities in linear mixed-effects model," Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 951-975, December.
- F. Comte & C. Lacour, 2011. "Data‐driven density estimation in the presence of additive noise with unknown distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 73(4), pages 601-627, 09.
- Li, Tong & Vuong, Quang, 1998. "Nonparametric Estimation of the Measurement Error Model Using Multiple Indicators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 139-165, May.
- A. Delaigle & I. Gijbels, 2004. "Bootstrap bandwidth selection in kernel density estimation from a contaminated sample," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 56(1), pages 19-47, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:2013-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.