International Costs and Benefits from EMU
In this paper we examine the international implications of monetary union in the European Community (EMU) and the associated international costs and benefits. We consider prospective changes in international institutions, the potential role of the ecu as an international currency, and the implications of EMU for the international coordination of monetary and fiscal policies.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
|Date of creation:||Jun 1990|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.|
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peree, Eric & Steinherr, Alfred, 1989. "Exchange rate uncertainty and foreign trade," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1241-1264, July.
- Kenen, Peter B & Rodrik, Dani, 1986. "Measuring and Analyzing the Effects of Short-term Volatility in Real Exchange Rates," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(2), pages 311-315, May.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 1987.
"Obstacles to International Macroeconomic Policy Coordination,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt2vv7z9cr, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel., 1987. "Obstacles to International Macroeconomic Policy Coordination," Economics Working Papers 8737, University of California at Berkeley.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1988. "Obstacles to International Macroeconomic Policy Coordination," NBER Working Papers 2505, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1987. "Conducting the international orchestra: Bank of England leadership under the classical gold standard," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 5-29, March.
- Alogoskoufis, George, 1989. "Stabilization Policy, Fixed Exchange Rates and Target Zones," CEPR Discussion Papers 304, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1984. "The International Role of the Dollar: Theory and Prospect," NBER Chapters,in: Exchange Rate Theory and Practice, pages 261-278 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gylfason, T., 1990. "Exchange Rate Policy, Inflation, And Unemployment: The Experience Of The Nordic Efta Countries," Papers 459, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 1990. "Exchange Rate Policy, Inflation and Unemployment: The Experience of the Nordic EFTA Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 377, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Currie, David & Holtham, Gerald & Hughes, Gordon, 1989. "The Theory and Practice of International Policy Coordination: Does Coordination Pay?," CEPR Discussion Papers 325, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John F. O. Bilson & Richard C. Marston, 1984. "Exchange Rate Theory and Practice," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bils84-1, June.
- Marianne Baxter & Alan C. Stockman, 1988. "Business Cycles and the Exchange Rate System: Some International Evidence," NBER Working Papers 2689, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baxter, M. & Stockman, A.C., 1988. "Business Cycles And The Exchange Rate System: Some International Evidence," RCER Working Papers 140, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1989. "On Money as a Medium of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 927-954, August.
- Michael P. Dooley & J. Saul Lizondo & Donald J. Mathieson, 1989. "The Currency Composition of Foreign Exchange Reserves," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(2), pages 385-434, June.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Giovannini, Alberto, 1989. "Monetary Policy Interactions under Managed Exchange Rates," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(222), pages 199-213, May.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Giovannini, Alberto, 1986. "Monetary Policy Interactions under Managed Exchange Rates," CEPR Discussion Papers 123, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Black, Stanley W., 1985. "International money and international monetary arrangements," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1153-1193 Elsevier.
- Jones, Robert A, 1976. "The Origin and Development of Media of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 757-775, August.
- Portes, Richard, 1989. "Macroeconomic Policy Coordination and the European Monetary System," CEPR Discussion Papers 342, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)