Nonparametric Estimation of a Dependent Competing Risks Model for Unemployment Durations
In this Paper we simultaneously analyse transitions from unemployment to employment and to non-participation. We estimate a dependent competing risks model with non-parametric specifications of the destination-specific duration dependence and unobserved heterogeneity terms, allowing for mutual dependence of the unobserved heterogeneity terms. We use a unique population data set of French unemployment over the period 1988-94, stratified by gender type, duration class and exit state.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.|
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Van den Berg, Gerard J., 2001.
"Duration models: specification, identification and multiple durations,"
Handbook of Econometrics,
in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 55, pages 3381-3460
- Van den Berg, Gerard J., 2000. "Duration Models: Specification, Identification, and Multiple Durations," MPRA Paper 9446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van den Berg, Gerard J. & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2001.
"Combining micro and macro unemployment duration data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 271-309, June.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Bas van der Klaauw, 1998. "Combining Micro and Macro Unemployment Duration Data," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-098/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- van den Berg, Gerard J & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2000. "Combining Micro and Macro Unemployment Duration Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 2494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gerard J, Van den Berg & Bas Van der Klmaauw, 1998. "Combining Micro and Macro Unemployment Duration Data," Working Papers 98-58, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- van den Berg, Gerard J. & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2000. "Combining Micro and Macro Unemployment Duration Data," IZA Discussion Papers 109, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephen Machin & Alan Manning, 1998.
"The Causes and Consequences of Long-Term Unemployment in Europe,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0400, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Machin, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 1999. "The causes and consequences of longterm unemployment in Europe," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 47, pages 3085-3139 Elsevier.
- Stephen Machin & Alan Manning, 1998. "The causes and consequences of long-term unemployment in Europe," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20255, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Berg, G.J. & Ours, J.C., 1993.
"Unemployment dynamics and duration dependence,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0022, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Abbring, Jaap H & van den Berg, Gerard J & van Ours, Jan C, 1995.
"The Anatomy of Unemployment Dynamics,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1202, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Abbring, J.H. & Berg, G.J. & Ours, J.C., 1994. "The anatomy of unemployment dynamics," Serie Research Memoranda 0024, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Abbring, J.H. & van den Berg, G. & van Ours, J.C., 2002. "The anatomy of unemployment dynamics," Other publications TiSEM 539d10a7-be00-4a8e-9c9c-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Abbring, J.H. & van den Berg, G. & van Ours, J.C., 1999. "The Anatomy of Unemployment Dynamics," Discussion Paper 1999-81, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Flinn, Christopher J & Heckman, James J, 1983.
"Are Unemployment and Out of the Labor Force Behaviorally Distinct Labor Force States?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(1), pages 28-42, January.
- Christopher J. Flinn & James J. Heckman, 1982. "Are Unemployment and Out of the Labor Force Behaviorally Distinct Labor Force States?," NBER Working Papers 0979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaap H. Abbring & Gerard J. van den Berg, 2003. "The identifiability of the mixed proportional hazards competing risks model," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(3), pages 701-710.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:4120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct email address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.