Pensions and Savings in a Monetary Union: an Analysis of Capital Flows
We analyse the economic impact of a simultaneous aging shock in two countries. The countries are identical in all respects except the financing scheme of their public pension system. While one relies on capitalization, the other one relies on a pay-as-you-go scheme. We show that the two countries react very differently to the demographic shock and its financial implications. Further, we find that the presence or the absence of capital mobility considerably affects the results, both in terms of the size of the burden as in terms of international capital allocation.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.|
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beine, Michel & Benassy-Quere, Agnes & MacDonald, Ronald, 2007.
"The impact of central bank intervention on exchange-rate forecast heterogeneity,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 38-63, March.
- Michel Beine & Agnes Bénassy-Quéré & Ronald MacDonald, 2007. "The impact of Central Bank intervention on exchange rate forecasts heterogeneity," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10423, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michel Beine & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Estelle Dauchy & Ronald MacDonald, 2002. "The Impact of Central Bank Intervention on Exchange-Rate Forecast Heterogeneity," Working Papers 2002-04, CEPII research center.
- M. Beine & A. Bénassy-Quéré & E. Dauchy & R. MacDonald, 2002. "The Impact of Central Bank Intervention on Exchange-Rate Forecast Heterogeneity," THEMA Working Papers 2002-22, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Mohamed Hedi Bchir & Mathilde Maurel, 2002. "Impacts économiques et sociaux de l'élargissement pour l'Union européenne et la France," Working Papers 2002-03, CEPII research center.
- Isabelle Bensidoun & Guillaume Gaulier & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 2001. "The Nature of Specialization Matters for Growth: an Empirical Investigation," Working Papers 2001-13, CEPII research center.
- Antoine Bouët & Lionel Fontagné & Mondher Mimouni & Xavier Pichot, 2001. "Market Access Maps: A Bilateral and Disaggregated Measure of Market Access," Working Papers 2001-18, CEPII research center.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:3509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.