Entry Mistakes, Entrepreneurial Boldness and Optimism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kandel, Shmuel & Sarig, Oded & Wohl, Avi, 1999. "The Demand for Stocks: An Analysis of IPO Auctions," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 227-247.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1995. " One Security, Many Markets: Determining the Contributions to Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1175-1199, September.
- Brennan, M. J. & Franks, J., 1997.
"Underpricing, ownership and control in initial public offerings of equity securities in the UK,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 391-413, September.
- Brennan, Michael J & Franks, Julian R, 1995. "Underpricing, Ownership and Control in Initial Public Offerings of Equity Securities in the UK," CEPR Discussion Papers 1211, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1992.
" Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 607-641, June.
- Ananth N. Madhavan, "undated". "Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Jim Angel & Reena Aggarwal, "undated". "Optimal Listing Strategy: Why Microsoft and Intel Do Not List on the NYSE," Working Papers _007, Georgetown School of Business.
- Ellingsen, Tore & Rydqvist, Kristian, 1997. "The Stock Market as a Screening Device and the Decision to Go Public," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 174, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Patrick Bolton & Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden, 1998.
"Blocks, Liquidity, and Corporate Control,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Bolton, P. & von Thadden, E.L., 1996. "Blocks, liquidity and corporate control," Discussion Paper 1996-80, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Patrick BOLTON & Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 1996. "Blocks, Liquidity, and Corporate Control," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9619, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Theoharry Grammatikos & George Papaioannou, 1986. "Market Reaction To Nyse Listings: Tests Of The Marketability Gains Hypothesis," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 9(3), pages 215-227, September.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1995. "Market Making, the Tick Size, and Payment-for-Order Flow: Theory and Evidence," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(4), pages 543-575, October.
- Harris, L., 1990. "Liquidity , Trading Rules and Electronic Trading Systems ," Papers 91-8, Southern California - School of Business Administration.
- Huddart, Steven & Hughes, John S. & Brunnermeier, Markus, 1999.
"Disclosure requirements and stock exchange listing choice in an international context,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 237-269, January.
- John S. Hughes & Steven Huddart & Markus K Brunnermeier, 1998. "Disclosure Requirements and Stock Exchange Listing Choice in an International Context," FMG Discussion Papers dp282, Financial Markets Group.
- Shane A. Corwin & Jeffrey H. Harris, 2001. "The Initial Listing Decisions of Firms that Go Public," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 30(1), Spring.
- Arnold R. Cowan & Richard B. Carter & Frederick H. Dark & Ajai K. Singh, 1992. "Explaining the NYSE Listing Choices of NASDAQ Firms," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 21(4), Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Battaglini, Marco & Benabou, Roland & Tirole, Jean, 2005.
"Self-control in peer groups,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 105-134, August.
- Benabou, R. & Battaglini, M., 2001. "Self-Control in peer Groups," Papers 217, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Battaglini, Marco & Bénabou, Roland & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Self-Control in Peer Groups," IDEI Working Papers 189, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Battaglini, Marco & Bénabou, Roland & Tirole, Jean, 2002. "Self Control in Peer Groups," CEPR Discussion Papers 3149, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Caillaud, Bernard & Jullien, Bruno, 2000. "Modelling time-inconsistent preferences," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 1116-1124, May.
- Brocas, Isabelle & Carrillo, Juan D., 2000. "The value of information when preferences are dynamically inconsistent," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 1104-1115, May.
- Aviad Heifetz & Yossi Spiegel, 2000. "On the Evolutionary Emergence of Optimism," Discussion Papers 1304, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 2001. "A theorist's view of experiments," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 615-628, May.
- Brocas, Isabelle & Carrillo, Juan D, 1999. "On Rush and Procrastination," CEPR Discussion Papers 2237, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsBehavioural Finance; Boldness; Investment; Optimism; Time Inconsistency;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- G39 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:2213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .