'Social Dumping' and Relocation: Is there a Case for Imposing a Social Clause?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Cordella, Tito & Grilo, Isabel, 2001. "Social dumping and relocation: is there a case for imposing a social clause?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 643-668, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Isabel Grilo & Tito Cordella, 1998.
"“Globalization” and Relocation in a Vertically Differentiated Industry,"
IMF Working Papers
98/48, International Monetary Fund.
- Cordella, Tito & Grilo, Isabel, 1998. "'Globalization' and Relocation in a Vertically Differentiated Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 1863, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Motta, Massimo & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1994. "Does environmental dumping lead to delocation?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 563-576, April.
- Barros, Pedro P & Cabral, Luis, 2000. "Competing for Foreign Direct Investment," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 360-371, May.
- Boccard, Nicolas & van Ypersele, Tanguy & Wunsch, Pierre, 2003. "Comparative advantage and social protection," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 247-264, June.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1987. "Foreign direct investment with unemployment and endogenous taxes and tariffs," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3-4), pages 257-279, May.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- DREZE, Jacques H. & SNEESSENS, Henri, 1994. "Technical Development, Competition from Low-Wage Economies and Low-Skilled Unemployment," CORE Discussion Papers 1994036, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Willem Molle, 2002. "Globalization, Regionalism and Labour Markets: Should We Recast the Foundations of the EU Regime in Matters of Regional (Rural and Urban) Development?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 161-172.
- Jesús F. Lampón & Pablo Cabanelas-Lorenzo & Santiago Lago-Peñas, 2013. "Why firms relocate their production overseas? The answer lies inside: corporate, logistic and technological determinants," Working Papers 2013/3, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Hurtado Inmaculada & Argerey Patricia, 2008. "Social Dumping: The Debate on a Multilateral Social Clause," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Simon Pahle, 2015. "Bringing Workers’ Rights Back In? Propositions towards a Labour–Trade Linkage for the Global South," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 46(1), pages 121-147, January.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:95-101 is not listed on IDEAS
- Collie, D. & Vandenbussche, H., 1999. "Trade, FDI, and unions," Discussion Paper 1999-42, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsProduction Relocation; social clause; vertical differentiation;
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:1931. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.