Measuring lifetime redistribution in Dutch occupational pensions
This paper quantifies lifetime redistribution in Dutch occupational pension schemes associated with uniform pricing. Information about the extent of redistribution is important because it will influence the public acceptance of the pension system. The uniform contribution rate is split up into a saving share and a transfer share for different socioeconomic groups. The transfer share, in turn, consists of intergenerational and intragenerational transfers. We find that the relative size of the saving- and transfer shares strongly depends on socioeconomic characteristics, such as gender and level of education. The saving part is higher for females than for males and it increases with the level of education, which implies that uniform pricing involves a large transfer from males to females and from low educated to higher educated workers. The impact of intergenerational transfers is modest.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Postbus 80510, 2508 GM Den Haag|
Phone: (070) 338 33 80
Fax: (070) 338 33 50
Web page: http://www.cpb.nl/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harry ter Rele, 2005. "Measuring lifetime redistribution in Dutch collective arrangements," CPB Document 79, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Alessandro, SOMMACAL, 2004.
"Pension systems and intragenerational redistribution when labor supply is endogenous,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2004008, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Alessandro Sommacal, 2006. "Pension systems and intragenenerational redistribution when labor supply is endogenous," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 379-406, July.
- Hoevenaars, Roy P.M.M. & Ponds, Eduard H.M., 2008. "Valuation of intergenerational transfers in funded collective pension schemes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 578-593, April.
- Luis Cubeddu, 2000. "Intragenerational Redistribution in Unfunded Pension Systems," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 47(1), pages 4.
- Hoevenaars, J. & Ponds, E.H.M., 2008. "Valuation of intergenerational transfers in collective funded pension schemes," Other publications TiSEM 2c1afa01-df29-490e-bc52-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpb:discus:81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.