A Note on the Convergence of Nonparametric DEA Efficiency Measures
- KNEIP, Alois
(Institut de Statistique and Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE), Université catholique de Louvain (UCL), Louvain la Neuve, Belgium)
- PARK, Byeong U.
(Department of Computer Science and Statistics, Seoul National. University. Seoul, Korea)
- SIMAR, Léopold
()(Institut de Statistique and Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE), Université catholique de Louvain (UCL), Louvain la Neuve, Belgium)
Efficiency scores of production units are measured by their distance to an estimated production frontier. Nonparametric DEA estimators are based on a finite sample of observed production units and radial distances are considered. We investigate the consistency and the speed of convergence of these estimated efficiency scores (or of the radial distances) in the very general setup of multi-output and multi-input case. It is shown that the speed of convergence relies on the smoothness of the unknown frontier and on the number of inputs and of outputs. Furthermore, one has to distinguish betwen the output- and the input-oriented case.
|Date of creation:||01 Sep 1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Kneip, A & Park, B-U & Simar, L, 1996. "A Note on the Convergence of Nonparametric DEA Efficiency Measures," Papers 9603, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- Leopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"A general methodology for bootstrapping in non-parametric frontier models,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(6), pages 779-802.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "A General Methodology for Bootstrapping in Nonparametric Frontier Models," Papers 9811, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Hallsteinli, Vidar & Kittelsen, Sverre AC & Magnussen, Jon, 2009. "Scale, efficiency and organization in Norwegian psychiatric outpatient clinics for children," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2001:8, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Magnussen, Jon, 2009. "Testing DEA Models of Efficiency in Norwegian Psychiatric Outpatient Clinics," HERO On line Working Paper Series 1999:4, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul W., 1998. "Productivity growth in industrialized countries," CORE Discussion Papers 1998036, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "Productivity Growth in Industrialized Countries," Papers 9810, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2003. "Robust nonparametric estimation of efficiency and technical change in U.S. commercial banking," Working Papers 2003-037, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Paul W. Wilson & David C. Wheelock, 2004. "Robust Nonparametric Estimation of Efficiency and Technical Change in U.S. Commercial Banking," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 433, Econometric Society.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2008. "Non-parametric, unconditional quantile estimation for efficiency analysis with an application to Federal Reserve check processing operations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 209-225, July.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2007. "Non-parametric, unconditional quantile estimation for efficiency analysis with an application to Federal Reserve check processing operations," Working Papers 2005-027, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Alois Kneip & Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2011. "A Computationally Efficient, Consistent Bootstrap for Inference with Non-parametric DEA Estimators," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 483-515, November.
- Kneip, Alois & Simar, Léopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2008. "Asymptotics And Consistent Bootstraps For Dea Estimators In Nonparametric Frontier Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(06), pages 1663-1697, December.
- Alois Kneip & Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 2006. "Asymptotics and Consistent Bootstraps for DEA Estimators in Non-parametric Frontier Models," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse12_2006, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Kjoeserud,G.G. & Kvamme,O.J. & Kittelsen,S.A.C., 2001. "Errors in survey based quality evaluation variables in efficiency models of primary care physicians," Memorandum 24/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Kjæserud, Guri Galtung & Kvamme, Odd Jarle, 2009. "Errors in Survey Based Quality Evaluation Variables in Efficiency Models of Primary Care Physicians," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2001:12, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2000. "Why do Banks Disappear? The Determinants of U.S. Bank Failures and Acquisitions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 127-138, February.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1995. "Why do banks disappear? The determinants of U.S. bank failures and acquisitions," Working Papers 1995-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2011. "Two-stage DEA: caveat emptor," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 205-218, October.
- Laurent Cavaignac, 2009. "Bias of distance functions estimates and Primont and Primont’s homotheticity test," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 95-100, April.
- Theodoridis, A.M. & Psychoudakis, A. & Christofi, A., 2006. "Data Envelopment Analysis as a Complement to Marginal Analysis," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 7(2), August.
- Ferjani, Ali, 2005. "Does Switzerland Have a Productivity Problem?," Agrarwirtschaft und Agrarsoziologie/ Economie et Sociologie Rurales, Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, issue 1.
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2011. "Inference by the m out of n bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 33-53, August.
- Kittelsen,S.A.C., 1999. "Monte Carlo simulations of DEA efficiency measures and hypothesis tests," Memorandum 09/1999, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:1996039. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed