Existence of Equilibrium in Financial Markets: Hart´s Securities Exchange Model with Consumption in the First Period
Hart has established necessary and su¢ cient conditions for the existence of equilibrium in an economy consisting of two time periods in which agents trade assets whose returns depend on an uncertain state of nature. Hammond has enounced an equivalent condition from an alternative approach to Hart.s model. In both cases, it is assumed that agents maximize the expected value of their utility in the second period, when the asset returns are paid. In this paper, Hart´s model is modified in such a way that agents also value consumption in the first period and the implications of this modi.cation on the conditions proposed by these authors are analyzed.
|Date of creation:||31 Dec 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Werner, Jan, 1987. "Arbitrage and the Existence of Competitive Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1403-18, November.
- Hart, Oliver D., 1974. "On the existence of equilibrium in a securities model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 293-311, November.
- Page, Frank Jr., 1987. "On equilibrium in Hart's securities exchange model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 392-404, April.
- Hammond, Peter J., 1983. "Overlapping expectations and Hart's conditions for equilibrium in a securities model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 170-175, October.
- Green, Jerry R, 1973. "Temporary General Equilibrium in a Sequential Trading Model with Spot and Futures Transactions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1103-23, November.
- Andrés Carvajal & Alvaro Riascos, 2006. "Belief Non-Equivalence And Financial Trade: A Comment On A Result By Araujo And Sandroni," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 002062, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000089:006711. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Universidad De Los Andes-Cede)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.