Inequality aversion and risk aversion
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Dow, James & da Costa Werlang, Sergio Ribeiro, 1988.
"The consistency of welfare judgments with a representative consumer,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 269-280, April.
- Dow, James & Werlang, Sérgio Ribeiro da Costa, 1986. "The consistency of welfare judgements with a representative consumer," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 87, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Itzhak Gilboa & Dov Samet & David Schmeidler, 2004.
"Utilitarian Aggregation of Beliefs and Tastes,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(4), pages 932-938, August.
- Gilboa, I. & Samet, D. & Schmeidler, D., 2001. "Utilitarian Aggregation of Beliefs and Tastes," Papers 2001-17, Tel Aviv.
- Itzhak Gilboa & D. Samet & D. Schmeidler, 2004. "Utilitarian Aggregation of Beliefs and Tastes," Post-Print hal-00481249, HAL.
- Itzhak Gilboa & Dov Samet & David Schmeidler, 2001. "Utilitarian Aggregation of Beliefs and Tastes," Game Theory and Information 0105001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Jerison, 1994. "Optimal Income Distribution Rules and Representative Consumers," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(4), pages 739-771.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2010.
"Assessing Risky Social Situations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(4), pages 649-680, August.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2007. "Assessing Risky Social Situations," IDEP Working Papers 0703, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Jan 2007.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc, 2010. "Assessing risky social situations," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2289, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fleurbaey, Marc, 2009. "Assessing risky social situations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 27006, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Yaari, Menahem E., 1969. "Some remarks on measures of risk aversion and on their uses," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 315-329, October.
- Chipman, John S. & Moore, James C., 1979. "On social welfare functions and the aggregation of preferences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 111-139, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mori, Osamu, 2014. "Alternative derivation of the leximin principle," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 157-159.
- Luciano Andreozzi & Matteo Ploner & Ivan Soraperra, 2013. "Justice among strangers. On altruism, inequality aversion and fairness," CEEL Working Papers 1304, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- repec:eee:jetheo:v:176:y:2018:i:c:p:444-478 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gajdos, Thibault & Weymark, John A., 2012. "Introduction to inequality and risk," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(4), pages 1313-1330.
- Silvester Van Koten & Andreas Ortmann & Vitezslav Babicky, 2013.
"Fairness in Risky Environments: Theory and Evidence,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-35, May.
- Vitezslav Babicky & Andreas Ortmann & Silvester Van Koten, 2010. "Fairness in Risky Environments: Theory and Evidence," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp419, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Zachary Michaelson, 2015. "Biases in choices about fairness: Psychology and economic inequality," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 10(2), pages 198-203, March.
More about this item
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clt:sswopa:1300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victoria Mason). General contact details of provider: http://www.hss.caltech.edu/ss .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.