Autonomous Recovery and International Intervention in Comparative Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stock-Iwamoto, Christel & Korte, Rolf, 1993. "Primary health workers in North East Brazil," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 775-782, March.
- Robinson, Sheila A. & Larsen, Donald E., 1990. "The relative influence of the community and the health system on work performance: A case study of community health workers in Colombia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 1041-1048, January.
- Akbar Zaidi, S., 1994. "Planning in the health sector: For whom, by whom?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1385-1393, November.
- Bentley, Chris, 1989. "Primary health care in Northwestern Somalia: A case study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 1019-1030, January.
- Kloos, Helmut, 1990. "Utilization of selected hospitals, health centres and health stations in Central, Southern and Western Ethiopia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 101-114, January.
- Sherraden, Margaret Sherrard & Wallace, Steven P., 1992. "Innovation in primary care: Community health services in Mexico and the United States," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 1433-1443, December.
- Lewis, Maureen A. & La Forgia, Gerald M. & Sulvetta, Margaret B., 1996. "Measuring public hospital costs: Empirical evidence from the Dominican Republic," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 221-234, July.
- Germano Mwabu & Martha Ainsworth & Andrew Nyamete, 1993. "Quality of Medical Care and Choice of Medical Treatment in Kenya: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(4), pages 838-862.
- Woelk, Godfrey B., 1994. "Primary health care in Zimbabwe: Can it survive?: An exploration of the political and historical developments affecting the implementation of PHC," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1027-1035, October.
- Akin, John S. & Guilkey, David K. & Hazel?Denton, E., 1995. "Quality of services and demand for health care in Nigeria: A multinomial probit estimation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 1527-1537, June.
- Alderman, H. & Gertler, P., 1989. "The Substitutability Of Public And Private Health Care For The Treatment Of Children In Pakistan," Papers 57, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Stanton, Bonita & Wouters, Annemarie, 1992. "Guidelines for pragmatic assessment for health planning in developing countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 187-209, July.
- Lewis, Maureen & Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Traa-Valerezo, Ximena, 1999. "Challenging El Salvador's rural health care strategy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2164, The World Bank.
- Stone, Linda, 1992. "Cultural influences in community participation in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 409-417, August.
- Walsh, Julia A., 1988. "Selectivity within primary health care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 899-902, January.
- Rifkin, Susan B. & Walt, Gill, 1986. "Why health improves: Defining the issues concerning 'comprehensive primary health care' and 'selective primary health care'," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 559-566, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher Blattman & Edward Miguel, 2009. "Civil War: A Review of Fifty Years of Research," Working Papers id:2231, eSocialSciences.
- Berger, Daniel & Corvalan, Alejandro & Easterly, William & Satyanath, Shanker, 2013. "Do superpower interventions have short and long term consequences for democracy?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 22-34.
- William Easterly, 2009. "Can the West Save Africa?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 373-447.
- McDougal Topher L, 2009. "The Liberian State of Emergency: What Do Civil War and State-Led Industrialization Have in Common?," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 14(3), pages 1-28, March.
- Christopher Blattman & Edward Miguel, 2010.
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, pages 3-57.
- Christopher Blattman & Edward Miguel, 2009. "Civil War," NBER Working Papers 14801, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blattman, Christopher & Miguel, Edward, 2009. "Civil War," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt90n356hs, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- William Easterly & Shanker Satyanath & Daniel Berger, 2008. "Superpower Interventions and their Consequences for Democracy: An Empirical Inquiry," NBER Working Papers 13992, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alix-Garcia, Jennifer & Bartlett, Anne & Saah, David, 2012. "Displaced Populations, Humanitarian Assistance and Hosts: A Framework for Analyzing Impacts on Semi-urban Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 373-386.
More about this item
Keywordssecurity; violence; conflict; state-building; peace; economic development;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- F52 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - National Security; Economic Nationalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-26 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgdevus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.