Incorporating Affirmative Action into the Welfare State
In this paper, we discuss a novel aspect of affirmative action policy. We examine its redistributive role, asking whether in an egalitarian society, supplementing the tax-transfer system with an affirmative action policy would enhance social welfare.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:oup:restud:v:38:y:1971:i:114:p:175-208 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roland G. Fryer Jr. & Glenn C. Loury, 2005.
"Affirmative Action and Its Mythology,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 147-162, Summer.
- Roland G. Freyer, Jr. & Glenn C. Loury & Tolga Yuret, 2003.
"Color Blind Affirmative Action,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series
dp-131, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Jimmy Chan & Erik Eyster, 2003. "Does Banning Affirmative Action Lower College Student Quality?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 858-872, June.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1981.
"Self-Selection and Pareto Efficient Taxation,"
NBER Working Papers
0632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glenn C. Loury, 1976. "A Dynamic Theory of Racial Income Differences," Discussion Papers 225, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Roland G. Fryer & Steven D. Levitt, 2005.
"The Black-White Test Score Gap Through Third Grade,"
NBER Working Papers
11049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roland G. Fryer & Steven D. Levitt, 2006. "The Black-White Test Score Gap Through Third Grade," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 249-281.
- William Darity Jr & Dania Frank, 2003. "The Economics of Reparations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 326-329, May.
- Risse, Mathias & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2003. "Racial Profiling," Working Paper Series rwp03-021, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Kenneth J. Arrow, 1998. "What Has Economics to Say about Racial Discrimination?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 91-100, Spring.
- Paul R. Portney & Ian W.H. Parry & Howard K. Gruenspecht & Winston Harrington, 2003. "Policy Watch: The Economics of Fuel Economy Standards," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 203-217, Fall.
- Glenn C. Loury, 1998. "Discrimination in the Post-Civil Rights Era: Beyond Market Interactions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 117-126, Spring.
- repec:oup:restud:v:43:y:1976:i:2:p:261-67 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bloch, Farrell, 1994. "Antidiscrimination Law and Minority Employment," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 0, number 9780226059839.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_2003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.