Archimedean Copulas and Temporal Dependence
We study the dependence properties of stationary Markov chains generated by Archimedean copulas. Under some simple regularity conditions, we show that regular variation of the Archimedean generator at zero and one implies geometric orgodicityof the associated Markov chain. We verify our assumptions for a range of Archimedean copulas used in applications.
|Date of creation:||09 Sep 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0508|
Phone: (858) 534-3383
Fax: (858) 534-7040
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/ucsdecon/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brendan K. Beare, 2010.
"Copulas and Temporal Dependence,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(1), pages 395-410, 01.
- Beare, Brendan, 2008. "Copulas and Temporal Dependence," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt2880q2jq, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Beare, Brendan K., 2009. "Copulas and Temporal Dependence," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt87p829d4, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- P. Gagliardini & C. Gourieroux, 2008. "Duration time-series models with proportional hazard," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 74-124, 01.
- Patrick Gagliardini & Christian Gourieroux, 2002. "Duration Time Series Models with Proportional Hazard," Working Papers 2002-21, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Xiaohong Chen & Roger Koenker & Zhijie Xiao, 2009. "Copula-based nonlinear quantile autoregression," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(s1), pages 50-67, January.
- Xiaohong Chen & Roger Koenker & Zhijie Xiao, 2008. "Copula-Based Nonlinear Quantile Autoregression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1679, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Xiaohong Chen & Roger Koenker & Zhijie Xiao, 2008. "Copula-Based Nonlinear Quantile Autoregression," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 691, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Xiaohong Chen & Roger Koenker & Zhijie Xiao, 2008. "Copula-based nonlinear quantile autoregression," CeMMAP working papers CWP27/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ibragimov, Rustam, 2009. "Copula-Based Characterizations For Higher Order Markov Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 819-846, June.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charpentier, Arthur & Segers, Johan, 2007. "Lower tail dependence for Archimedean copulas: Characterizations and pitfalls," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 525-532, May.
- Charpentier, A. & Segers, J.J.J., 2006. "Lower Tail Dependence for Archimedean Copulas : Characterizations and Pitfalls," Discussion Paper 2006-29, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Eric Bouye & Mark Salmon, 2009. "Dynamic copula quantile regressions and tail area dynamic dependence in Forex markets," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(7-8), pages 721-750.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Fan, Yanqin, 2006. "Estimation of copula-based semiparametric time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 307-335, February.
- Juri, Alessandro & Wuthrich, Mario V., 2002. "Copula convergence theorems for tail events," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 405-420, June.
- Xiaohong Chen & Wei Biao Wu & Yanping Yi, 2009. "Efficient Estimation of Copula-based Semiparametric Markov Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1691, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Mar 2009. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)